Right side of DT 770 Pros weak clamping force
Aug 1, 2022 at 1:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Something132

New Head-Fier
The right side off my DT 770 Pros feel a little loose. I bought them back in February of this year so I haven't had them for long. I have changed the slider kit and the metal headband but they haven't made a difference. The issue only started about a month ago. What could be causing this to happen?

Aug 1, 2022 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 5
It sounds like the fork has been bent out of shape at one point.

You probably just need to bend the fork a little bit to increase the clamping force again.
1659338964451.png

Put pressure in that direction to bend the point circled.
Try a little bit at a time until you're happy with the pressure.
Since it is made of metal, this can be done safely, but you don't want to over-bend it and cause metal fatigue.

Aug 1, 2022 at 5:24 AM Post #3 of 5
The right side off my DT 770 Pros feel a little loose. I bought them back in February of this year so I haven't had them for long. I have changed the slider kit and the metal headband but they haven't made a difference. The issue only started about a month ago. What could be causing this to happen?
Do you have similar issue with other headphones? In my case all headphones have a little lower clamping force on the right because of asymmetry of my head. If your head is not very symmetrical, it is possible that combination of factors such as the headphone losing a little bit of out-of-the-box clamping force and you getting used to this headphone (in a "getting used to feel of headphone on your head" way) made you start noticing that the right side clamps slightly weaker.

Aug 1, 2022 at 6:01 AM Post #4 of 5
It sounds like the fork has been bent out of shape at one point.

You probably just need to bend the fork a little bit to increase the clamping force again.
1659338964451.png
Put pressure in that direction to bend the point circled.
Try a little bit at a time until you're happy with the pressure.
Since it is made of metal, this can be done safely, but you don't want to over-bend it and cause metal fatigue.
Doing that only helps for a few minutes before it loosens again.

Aug 1, 2022 at 6:03 AM Post #5 of 5
Do you have similar issue with other headphones? In my case all headphones have a little lower clamping force on the right because of asymmetry of my head. If your head is not very symmetrical, it is possible that combination of factors such as the headphone losing a little bit of out-of-the-box clamping force and you getting used to this headphone (in a "getting used to feel of headphone on your head" way) made you start noticing that the right side clamps slightly weaker.
I thought about that too, but I don't think that's the case. My other headphones don't have this problem and putting these on the "wrong way" (left side on the right ear and the right side on the left ear) ends up with the left side feeling loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back