right side louder than left.....
Nov 25, 2009 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bigandfloppy

New Head-Fier
i just replaced the audio jack on my headphones (beyerdynamic dt770)......now, i may just be crazy, but the right side seems to be louder then the left.

Could i have possibly done a bad soldering job?...(this was my first time soldering something) how would i redo the solder? heat the solder that is already there and let it drip off?

the reason i had to replace the jack...is that i accidentally stomped on the cord...it got ripped from the jack, im thinking it may have possibly been damaged at the left ear cup too?

im going to play with it a bit......has this happened to anyone else before?

Nov 26, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #2 of 4
you probably wired them wrong. while playing some music-move the balance from left to right. if it doesnt respond as expected you crossed some wires. happens all the time!

Nov 26, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #3 of 4
A cold solder joint has caused this in the past. Just heat up your solder points and reflow some fresh solder onto it. Be sure that the joint does not move while cooling. That should do the trick.

Unless there's a large gob of solder on it, there's no need to remove the solder that's there. Adding some fresh solder will work fine.

Nov 26, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #4 of 4
I took my M50's in about a month ago to be repaired and I had this same problem, then all of a sudden today they died again.. I have no soldering or technical experiance.. So I cant fix it.. and Im not taking it back to Warren Audio again..

I already have a new thread up looking for replacements..

My only advice is to fix it if possible right away, before it becomes worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Back