Right now, what's playing?
Dec 9, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #16 of 23
Gorillaz - Dare (DFA Remix) - D-Sides

On:
Pioneer SE-2P 43 year old headphones, Onkyo TX-820 Amp (for the 8 ohms impedance these headphones have), and an Hifiman EF2 used as a preamp to the Onkyo..

(I am a HUGE Gorillaz fan, got EVERY one of their songs)..

Dec 9, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't this a thread for the general discussion forum? ...Like the one that's already in there?

wink.gif

Hey, yes, thanks for the heads up; I was not aware of that thread.

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #19 of 23
Air - Caramel Prisoner (@work)

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #20 of 23
Vangelis: Conquest of Paradise Soundtrack.

Dec 9, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #22 of 23
Seven Percent Solution is on right now. I feel guilty, but I am about to actually listen to something mainstream in a few minutes. I got a copy of The Xx (self titled) to check out. (yes, I heard the feature on NPR and the band reminded me of the blissbeat, dreampop, shoegaze stuff I love to hear when I am not listening to purely Post rock/Psychedelic/Progressive rock/synth/electronic/industrial or darkwavey stuff).

Then comes, I think Prometheus Burning, and after that probably will let An Anders Liar record play through.

I love this subgenre of "gothic rave" like SAM, or Suicide Commandos... I don't know why but lately I have been enjoying it. I have so much Post Rock or Shoegazer stuff I forget what I even have, but this genre makes me think of things I can't say on this "family board"... hehe, plus on the XB700s it is nuts, and on AKG 240s, they are breaking in nicely. I was very scared they were going to reaveal too much like Denons do, or a lot of phones do when you pay over 150 bucks. I like the rolled off highs of the Sonys, or my HD555s. Less fatiguing (cymbol accuracy test actually points towards the XBs. No siblance is a big deal to me since I hear over 20khz.), and when some good percussive instrumental rock comes on, I can still expect the snares to snap tight, even on jazz like the last 3 MMW albums Radiolarians I, II, and III.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back