right margin to left!!
Mar 19, 2008 at 10:48 AM Post #106 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yay, crazy conspiracy theories FTW! Funny getting around the "no politics" rule by putting a link to "truther science" in your sig. I see what you did there. And now no one can reply because it's your sig and therefore some sacred belief.

I watched the video, and I'm afraid, like most conspiracy theories, this one should go to the front of the list for a slot on Penn & Teller's BS. Probably a show you're not familiar with.

Plainsong, look what I found on the first link of your sig I clicked on:

Quote:

[Dumbass] President Bush to declare "Mission Accomplished" again in Iraq,

Quote:

although there are some inaccuracies regarding the world's top three religions.

Religion and Politics. Mine was neither IMO, just a documentary. Okay that's a pretty weak fight but still, people who live in glass houses...

Now as for the content of your post:

Quote:

Yay, crazy conspiracy theories FTW! Funny getting around the "no politics" rule by putting a link to "truther science" in your sig.

See above, it's a link to a doco IMO. I didn't state my beliefs as I don't have any one way or the other, only questions I would like answers to because I am curious by nature. I won't enter into a discussion on the accusations inherent in that link as that would be against the rules, and I don't have strong feelings either way, just curious.

My sig only asks a question, and you ignored it. If anyone can explain the pic I would love to hear the explanation, I'm sure it's simple, then I can change my Av and forget the whole thing. Please PM me.

Quote:

And now no one can reply because it's your sig and therefore some sacred belief.

No such thing in my opinion. All beliefs should be questioned regularly and rigorously, and that's what I'm doing. As I said though, please PM if you can answer my question.

Quote:

I watched the video, and I'm afraid, like most conspiracy theories, this one should go to the front of the list for a slot on Penn & Teller's BS. Probably a show you're not familiar with.

So how do you explain my Av? Please PM.

I've seen every single P&T BS. Great show. But I also watch other things. I'm not scared to watch anything, and I don't get offended by it.

I won't say any more on the topic in this thread, please PM.

I'm sorry for the OT posts, as I'm sure you are.

Now, in the interest of some on topic content, the left side margin is not bothering me at all now I'm at home with my big desktop.

6 weeks of this will see head-fi numbers drop. I'll bet money on it if anyones taking?

Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wrong.

If that were true, you wouldn't have even posted. The fact that you did post says that you at least acknowledges CanJam and possibly the Ads.

Plus, look no further than here. There is an 11+ page thread on it! that grew that big in less than 24 hours- and it is still going.

Look closer Lenny!

It's an 11 page thread full of people saying that they don't like the change, won't visit head-fi as much, are upset about it, would theoretically boycott Can Jam because of the left margin etc. All of which could be a bad thing and may influence the powers that be to change some things. Pay some attention to the content maybe?

Mar 19, 2008 at 11:38 AM Post #107 of 144
Although not what most want, shrinking the width on the side at least shows a willingness by the powers to be, some cooperation with the community at large.
Doing this has made it go from awful to somewhat alright, if we have to.

Mar 19, 2008 at 11:47 AM Post #108 of 144
I dont see what the big deal is guys. I've seen countless CSS constructed sites with everything centered and large areas on the left + right of empty space. To me, this is little different; its not left justified or centered, closer to something like the golden ratio. No biggie.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 12:33 PM Post #109 of 144
I like them on the left better. Less chance of accidentally clicking on a link when you just want to scroll down, and the dead space at the left where the avatars are makes the text less distracting when reading posts.

Mar 19, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #110 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like them on the left better. Less chance of accidentally clicking on a link when you just want to scroll down, and the dead space at the left where the avatars are makes the text less distracting when reading posts.

It was the same thing when there was "dead space" on the right side too.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #111 of 144
It was nicer on the right side, imo.
-Rasmus

Mar 19, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #112 of 144
[size=small]Sign up for CanJam '08 today![/size]

All the cool kids are going to be there, so why not you? Have you ever wanted to meet the stars of Head-Fi.org? Yes indeed, almost all of them will be at CanJam! From the Florida pack itself to other greats like Voltron (the Defender of the Universe, RAWR!) to Jahn, the guy who sits on his laurels while letting his contracted Indian team write in his posts for him! And everyone in between! With the likes of philodox (au Massive Attack extraordinaire) to bhd812 (will there be free beer?) to n_maher (DIY extraordinaire) to Edwood (graphic design extraordinaire) to neilvg (with the setup we all secretly lust after) to NeilPeart (crazy guy that he is) to Iron_Dreamer (an all-around cool guy) and other greats in attendance, there will be no shortage of interesting people to meet! But you can't meet them if you don't sign up and attend!

Mar 19, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #113 of 144
Is that what those things are? Ads? I just thought things were flipped so some type of change could be made. I then realized it's all about "Can Jam" and instantly felt contempt. We get it, you want us to go to can jam. Get the ads out of the way now. Thanks.

Will not be visiting head-fi until the ads are moved. Will not be going to can't jam. Thanks for letting me see the owners' true colors.

Peace,
Tyler

Mar 19, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #115 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for shrinking the left side bar. This is MUCH better!

Sure it's better, but with my firefox sidebar, the adds, and avatars, the actual text I want to read starts 8 inches in from the right side of my monitor. I'm leaning to the right just to read this thread
frown.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #117 of 144
This new site arrangement does blow though. Come on. Who thought it would be intuitive to put the ads before the forum content?

Stephenkelby, As for "truther" pseudo-science debates, no, I'm not giving that screen time. Sorry. Report me for my blog if that's what you think you should do. But there's no pseudo-science conspiracy theory BS that I've linked to under the guise of trying to recruit people to a pathetic cause.

And you posted links to Fark articles from an rss feed on my blog, boy you're smart.

Mar 20, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #118 of 144
This is impractical. The content is hard to read when it's squished off to the right side like this. I have a 1280x1024 monitor, which I consider to be pretty high resolution. The bar on the left still takes up about 20% of my viewing area. Completely impractical. There has GOT to be a better way to advertise all this stuff. This site just really looks very poor the way it is right now. Scrolled to the top, I can only see about 6 lines of the first post, which is awkwardly squished to the right. Horrible. I haven't even posted much since this change because every time I navigate to Head-Fi, I'm driven off my how bad it looks and reminded about how good all of my other forums look.

Mar 20, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #119 of 144
People are used to read from right to left.
Putting the Adds on the right, so that people can see them first...

Mar 20, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #120 of 144
Quote:

This new site arrangement does blow though. Come on. Who thought it would be intuitive to put the ads before the forum content?

Stephenkelby, As for "truther" pseudo-science debates, no, I'm not giving that screen time. Sorry. Report me for my blog if that's what you think you should do. But there's no pseudo-science conspiracy theory BS that I've linked to under the guise of trying to recruit people to a pathetic cause.

And you posted links to Fark articles from an rss feed on my blog, boy you're smart.

You're language implies you're offended. I'll PM you to apologize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back