right channel voice louder...
Aug 6, 2005 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

plyr

100+ Head-Fier
I'm listening to my HD650 for a couple of days now, they are very wide, since i upgraded from a budget fone(HD202) that where not wide at all, the separation wasn't this clear, and im realizing that pretty part of my colection of mp3 puts more voice on the right side of the headfone, its just the voice, the rest is ok.
When i change the plug left to right, the enfasis change to left, so, its not problem with the fone, maybe the cable, but not the fone...
I want some opinions, i have some music here that are ok, i mean voice 50%/50% or even 60% to left, but at least 70% of all the files and even the CD music have enfasis on the right, is this normal??

Aug 6, 2005 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 7
I have to say this clearer, i have tested my HD202 for the same thing and with atention, i have came to same conclusion, so, i wonder if you guys have any opinion about this, anyway, maybe im just a little crazy...
icon10.gif

Aug 6, 2005 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 7
Could be a lot of things (I've noticed the same thing often, having trouble figuring out waht to attribute it to, but I think it's actually my ears and sinus congestion
biggrin.gif
). Could be your ears, could be the source or volume control not keeping things even (I think this happens often on lower volumes, the channels get a bit of an imbalance sometimes), perhaps isolation or ambient noise playing a role. I'm not surprised that voices deviate from the center, though, if it's a stereo recording. Have you tried playing a mono signal and listening for the balance there?

I've always wondered if, like being right- or left-handed, people could also be right- or left-eared, hearing things more clearly or more focused in one ear than the other. I've often noticed that it's easier for me to focus on my right ear itself, listening for sounds coming from the right, than it is with my left ear.

Headphones are so much fun
biggrin.gif

Aug 6, 2005 at 6:27 PM Post #4 of 7
Great, im not crazy, or maybe we are all crazy!
600smile.gif

I didnt tried the mono, but i will later. What i tried was to invert the cables(the plugs on the headfone), and the infasis went to left, but i think the really thing is there on the artist maybe, since i have some files that have enfasis on the left and some that are 50/50. But yeah, it tend to happen more with lower volumes, but that maybe be that when it gets louder, you get less sensitive to music...

anyway, thx for reply...

Aug 6, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #5 of 7
What are you running your cans off (source, amp, etc.)? The imbalance must be introduced in one of these components. If you have a PC based setup, try plugging than cans directly into the sound card to narrow things down.

Aug 6, 2005 at 9:11 PM Post #6 of 7
with mono is pretty in the middle, but i guess im still sensitive in this case
smily_headphones1.gif

The funny thing is that things kinda change when i change left with right, so i think this cans need some burn-in...

besides that, on foobar i can do everything, downmix to mono, reverse channels, doing that i can se that is the music that allready comes with some enfasis on the right, its more like a curiosity really, i never though in this before i buy this headfone, i confess that when i anylise more closely with my other headfones i never realized some of this, since it lacks in detail...

Aug 7, 2005 at 1:55 AM Post #7 of 7
More testing, ufff

Guess what, the problem was with the audigy2zs, it was at "headfone" configuration, so i guess the audigy2 messed up a little, i reseted all, i went to 2/2.1 format and its all ok now with the sound.
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back