Right Angled LOD or Straight (Zen Vision:M)
Apr 13, 2007 at 2:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

justin2net

100+ Head-Fier
I am very close to ordering a RSA Hornet/Tomahawk (I'll ask that question to Ray) and a Qables LOD for my ZVM. Should I buy a right-angled IC or a straight:

1. If I have the amp strapped onto the bottom of the ZVM, the cable would make a U pointing towards the in of the amp, with the right-angled plug downwards. (to the right, it hits the volume knob, upwards it won't go in because it will hit the bottom of the ZVM, and to the left, obstructing the out port to IEMs).

If I decide to have it in a mp3 portable bag: http://www.caselogic.com/mp3_travel_...?modelid=44255
a right angle would be ideal, but, as stated on the Qables website, I must specify if the connector will be to the right, left, upwards, or downwards.

Should I just stick with the straight plug?

Apr 13, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #2 of 3
I bought a Qables Zen LOD with a right angle for primary use with a Supermini while it was attached to a weight lifting belt, this worked great as planned.

For normal DAP on top of amp use it was a little bit odd, but it did work fine.

I hope these pics can help your decision.

Apr 13, 2007 at 9:14 AM Post #3 of 3
From my experience angled cables seems to work well if you strap you amp at a 90° angle to your player's line out (as on Greatdane's pictures above).

If you amp input is on the same side as you player's line out I personally find a straight more convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back