RIAA and Illegal Downloading discussion
Aug 8, 2004 at 8:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

electic

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, I was on Kazaa Lite K++ just a couple minutes ago(1:43am) and I received this random message saying how downloading is illegal and stuff like that. Is this from the RIAA? Has anyone else received this message before? This is really freaking me out...i thought K++ was supposed to be RIAA proof! And I also thought that they are targeting people w/ mass amounts of mp3s being distributed,I only had 9 available! Does any1 have any info on RIAA suits? AHHHH!!!!!!crap i hate having to feel paranoid! please answer my questions before I go into convulsions!

Aug 8, 2004 at 9:01 AM Post #4 of 35
its probably from the user whom you are downloading the stuff from...
maybe he/she just wanna freak you out...

i think RIIA wont send messages like that, especially using Kazaa as the medium...

Aug 8, 2004 at 9:08 AM Post #6 of 35
oh well, if it wasnt fancy.. im sure you wouldnt post this thread would you ?
tongue.gif

but anyway, i can understand if you are freaking out... i would too if i were in your shoe..

but i really dont think its RIIA... especially if you are not mass downloader...

PS: you misspelled my username... now it sounds filthy...
icon10.gif

Aug 8, 2004 at 9:13 AM Post #7 of 35
haha oops.....

well i WAS a mass downloader abou a year ago but I am no longer....i probably download on average,10 songs a month. Can any1 help confirm that this is definetely not RIAA?

Aug 8, 2004 at 9:18 AM Post #8 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by electic
haha oops.....

well i WAS a mass downloader abou a year ago but I am no longer....i probably download on average,10 songs a month. Can any1 help confirm that this is definetely not RIAA?

well... the best way i think is, just sent RIAA an email or something and ask them directly....
plainface.gif

oh wait, hang on...

icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Aug 8, 2004 at 4:51 PM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by electic
haha oops.....

You guys should read the news. The last round of lawsuits the RIAA sent out were directed at people who had downloaded FIVE SONGS. They're not just targeting mass downloaders anymore (and, brother, I used to do a gig or two a night, so don't think I'm squeaky clean.) Be forewarned!

Aug 8, 2004 at 4:58 PM Post #15 of 35
Just to show my support of the RIAA, I ordered this!

It should look nice next to my 20gigs of music
smily_headphones1.gif

Electic, I'd agree with dj_mocok in that it seems like someone was messing with you
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back