RHA T20 works with balanced cable?
Jan 7, 2020 at 3:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

CuriousN

New Head-Fier
I am interested in connecting the RHA T20 Wireless (they won't be working wirelessly here) through the MMCX connector to a balanced cable, plugged into a balanced amp. The cable can be RHA's own 2.5mm Aux Silver Ag4x Cable, for example.

Would this work?

I am interested in this because, some say that the balanced output is better on some amps, such as FiiO BTR5.

Jan 7, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #2 of 3
Should be just fine.

Sep 19, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #3 of 3
Sorry, old thread but I did just that, T20 wireless MMCX (keep an eye on ebay) with a 2.5 balanced cable and BTR5, works great.

I took a risk and got an "untested as-is" pair, the only problem was a dead left channel in the wired cable. The actual IEMs are built like tanks so I liked my odds, and got lucky I guess. Mostly just trusted they wouldn't put a 3 year warranty on them without a high level of confidence in the actual IEM itself.

I really like the hidizs seeds, which are also dual voice coil single DD (less than $25 straight from hidizs, while they last) fixed cable though. The T20 are a definite step up, and makes me really consider checking out some of the TFZ dual voice coil single DD, if I could only figure out which version of which model, they seem to change a lot without clear revision control. But maybe that just bothers me as an engineer.

The hard wired T20 are all over ebay too, and mmcx conversion seems pretty straight forward, there are some YouTube videos about that.

The T20 filter use foam, not mesh, so you could potentially punch your own open cell foam inserts to tweak things even further. Many IEMs come with open cell foam as part of the packaging, so check your old boxes, get a cheap leather punch to cut out the right size circles, and have at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back