RHA T20 Review by mark2410
Mar 10, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #16 of 20

yes they do, however......

not knowing what it is your listening to and how generally good the 750 is i wonder if they are the limiting factor in the chain.  your really starting to want lossless files if you can and even then lots of music isnt well enough recorded and then mastered, not to mention the dynamic compression that so often takes place.

so yes the T20 is certainly better than the 750, just pointing out that at this exalted level you need good at all levels of the chain.

Machine Head - Aesthetics of Hate

it is dynamicly compressed but this on is the exception it sounds very very good.

i also have always used flac cd rips 
smile.gif

That's exactly the type of thing the T20 excels at.  It really resolves detail well and instrument separation is much greater than with the 750.  Those kinds of details are what really makes music enjoyable to me and why I think the T20 is an even better value than the 750, even at twice the price.

T20 incoming soon! thanks to mojo (2 headphone output) ill be able to do a side by side comparison with the 750.

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #17 of 20

Machine Head - Aesthetics of Hate

it is dynamicly compressed but this on is the exception it sounds very very good.

i also have always used flac cd rips 
smile.gif

T20 incoming soon! thanks to mojo (2 headphone output) ill be able to do a side by side comparison with the 750.

Be sure to carefully volume match with the comparison.  The T20 is also of lower impedance than specified (11 ohms vs 16 specified) according to measurements at innerfidelity.com.  The 750 is 19 ohms.  I think you're going to be very happy with the T20.  I found the T20 to benefit from a little burn in, where the 750 didn't really.   (I'm not a big believer in burn in, but the T20 is one of two IEM's where I felt there was some improvement, just let them play for a couple hours without listening).  I found the reference filters to be the best, but the differences aren't extreme.

Jan 18, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #19 of 20
Hi mark, very nice and detailed review. Can you compare rha t20 with Gr07 bass? Does the bass of t20 with bass filter on,  exceeds that of gr07B and ma750s? 

Not Mark, and haven't heard the gr07B,but I would say the 750 has more sub-bass than the T20, regardless of the filter used. The 750 is more v-shaped, and makes a great first impression. It's a very good IEM,but the T20 is more refined and detailed, less v-shaped, closer to neutral. The T20 is not a bass head IEM, the 750 borders on being one, while still maintaining very good sound quality. As you can tell, I am a fan of both but the T20 is in a higher league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back