RHA S500i Impressions Thread
Feb 19, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #141 of 166
I really like these energetic, detailed IEMs. The most surprising thing about them is how hard they like to be driven. These are tiny and comfortable. I've done some extensive comparison between these little wonders and their bigger more bodacious sister the ma750 and I couldn't pick a winner. These are different flavours, but both delicious.

I've put a review up here:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/rha-s500i-ultra-compact-in-ear-headphone/reviews/15043

Feb 20, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #142 of 166
I really like these energetic, detailed IEMs. The most surprising thing about them is how hard they like to be driven. These are tiny and comfortable. I've done some extensive comparison between these little wonders and their bigger more bodacious sister the ma750 and I couldn't pick a winner. These are different flavours, but both delicious.

I've put a review up here:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/rha-s500i-ultra-compact-in-ear-headphone/reviews/15043

+1, I also love the energy these bring to the table. Seriously good value imo.

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #143 of 166
Has anyone compared them with the HF5 or ER4S? More ety sound, as that's what I got. I wonder if it's worth getting S500 since I have the ER4S or will there be loss of details?

Thanks.

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #144 of 166
  Has anyone compared them with the HF5 or ER4S? More ety sound, as that's what I got. I wonder if it's worth getting S500 since I have the ER4S or will there be loss of details?

Thanks.

Hey buddy, remember you are comparing a IEM (ER4S) of 10X the price of the S500. Of course you cannot expect to have the same level of details, mainly considering you are talking about an Ety.

This being said, the S500 is undoubtly a killing choice on its price level. Many times I prefer to listen its clearer signature sound in place of my RHA ma750.

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #145 of 166
Hey! Thanks for the fast reply. Have you tried both the S500 compared to the ER4S/HF2? I'm just trying to justify if I should get the S500 since I already have the ER4s. I guess not. :) 

May 14, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #148 of 166
I was jonesing for something new and different so when at the Apple store I saw these and they were in price range I could afford at the moment and they actually had a pair I could demo.

I was actually majorly surprised by what I heard in a good way. Enough so I bought a pair and so far I am quite impressed considering their low price tag. These punch wayyy over that price point. I have reviewed the T10 and T20 models and while I liked both for different reasons I think I might like this little S500I even more.

I noticed the upper midrange when listening to Patricia Barber and do hope it settles down a bit with some use but it wasn't as bad I thought it might be and Patricia's sharp s sound is usually something that can be to much.

I actually find the bass to not be as weak as the comments were leading me to believe.

I have owned several micro driver IEM's and these are right up there with the best of them.

May 14, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #150 of 166
I was jonesing for something new and different so when at the Apple store I saw these and they were in price range I could afford at the moment and they actually had a pair I could demo.

I was actually majorly surprised by what I heard in a good way. Enough so I bought a pair and so far I am quite impressed considering their low price tag. These punch wayyy over that price point. I have reviewed the T10 and T20 models and while I liked both for different reasons I think I might like this little S500I even more.

I noticed the upper midrange when listening to Patricia Barber and do hope it settles down a bit with some use but it wasn't as bad I thought it might be and Patricia's sharp s sound is usually something that can be to much.

I actually find the bass to not be as weak as the comments were leading me to believe.

I have owned several micro driver IEM's and these are right up there with the best of them.

Alright! dweaver has given the S500i a whirl. They are pretty good aren't they? I find their treble presentation a little edgy, but otherwise they're great. And yeah, they have some decent bass kick. Not lacking at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back