RHA MA750i Repair
Feb 5, 2016 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

aramk

Head-Fier
Hi guys,
I bought an RHA MA750i last year and the right earpiece recently died. Their support is outstanding and they sent out a replacement which arrived quickly. I'm now left with another half decent pair of headphones with just the left ear working and figured out of curiosity I'd try to open the enclosure. Does anyone have any ideas? IEM repair is likely impossible, so it's mostly curiosity :)

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #2 of 5
Well that was interesting. I found that you can open the enclosure by using pliers and pulling them out slightly, then sticking an artist's knife in between and popping it open like a clam. Inside, I found that the blue wire was severed but the ground was fine. I checked the other ear and saw the blue wire (both sides are blue) was intact and looked quite solid, whereas the torn one was in tatters. Not sure how that happened, but that was the issue.

I used a candle to burn the coating very slightly, but being so close to the driver it eventually caused that end of the cable to fall off. Despite holding the wire across the connector and the other end of the wire, I didn't get it working. Of course, the driver could be broken itself, but I doubt that considering the wire is severed. Still, the build is pretty accessible but very difficult to try a repair. At least I know what they look like inside now.

Feb 6, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #4 of 5
Yeah it looked pretty far gone. Just don't understand how the wire rips so much when it shouldn't be moving around.

Apr 29, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #5 of 5
I damaged contacts on the jack
how to disassemble jack , is it possible to change only the pin with contacts, and leave the jack case and spring tube?

RHA_MA750i_5.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back