Rha MA750i or 1MORE Dual Drivers or anything else?
Dec 3, 2016 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DramatikBeats

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, my Piston V2 are on deaths door and so I am on the hunt for a new pair of IEMS. I am based in the UK if that makes any difference to what is recommended. So far I've looked into the following

1MORE Triple Drivers - £99
1MORE Dual Drivers - £79
RHA MA 750i £89 - Assuming the mic works with my S7 Edge
Sennheiser Momentum In-Ears - £79 - Have heard the treble is quite harsh though.

I am a fan of bass and so anything I buy would need to be as bassy as the Piston V2. I have the Xiaomi Hybrids but they seem really veiled to me, not a fan at all. I bought and returned the 1MORE single driver IEM, since the bass wasn't as impactful as the Piston V2.

My budget regardless is £100. Needs to have good bass and should be fun sounding. Ideally it will have a mic for phone calls too. Another option would have been to simply buy another set of Piston V2 but I can't find anymore legit versions since they aren't produced anymore, and I would ideally like to hear what higher quality IEMS sound like.

Dec 3, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #2 of 5
The ma750i are exceptional, but if you are a fan of big mid-bass they may be underwhelming for you. The mid bass is good, but not as strong as some headphones; the sub bass is where the focus is. Excellent clarity and soundstage. They require a long burn in though, so take that into account.
The mic will work with the s7, but the controls are for iPhone so they won't. The main button may, but volume controls won't.
Feel free to ask any questions. I have a lot of experience with the ma750i. :)

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #3 of 5
The ma750i are exceptional, but if you are a fan of big mid-bass they may be underwhelming for you. The mid bass is good, but not as strong as some headphones; the sub bass is where the focus is. Excellent clarity and soundstage. They require a long burn in though, so take that into account.
The mic will work with the s7, but the controls are for iPhone so they won't. The main button may, but volume controls won't.
Feel free to ask any questions. I have a lot of experience with the ma750i.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hmmmm am I correct in assuming that sub bass is more of what you "feel" whilst mid bass is more so what you hear. I definitely like sub bass, mid bass.........I don't mind it. As long as the bass isn't flat I should be good to go

As long as the mic works and the middle button can play/pause music that is fine. Can't say I have had a IEM with a good soundstage so that would be nice. Burn in is fine.

Worst case scenario, I'll send them back to Amazon. I just wanted clarification on the mic working with the S7 and the bass being there, since a few people have used the word "balanced" when describing the ma750i. Perhaps I am thinking of balanced meaning "flat" which is something I definitely don't want lol

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #4 of 5
Sub bass is the rumble whereas mid bass is the thump you hear. Sub bass is the really low frequencies.

Yes, the mic should work. Middle button as well.

And last but not least, the ma750 isn't really neutral. It's actually u shaped. I like that because the mid bass isn't so overwhelming that it drowns out the mids.

Dec 3, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #5 of 5
Cheers man, I'll order them in a few days and see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back