Rewiring IEM MMCX connector
Dec 12, 2016 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

vapman

Member of the Trade: bhobuds.com
I am trying to repair some IEMs for a friend

The problem is the IEMs were stepped on and separated in two. You have the front half, with the nozzle and driver, which is supposed to be glued to the back piece, which has the MMCX connector. When the break happened, it seems a lot of copper got ripped out of the signal wire leading from that set's MMCX connector.... I say this because after re stripping the wire I can only find a single or maybe 2 strands of copper. Obviously this will not do by itself. By comparison the ground wire is full and looks fine - must have been a weak solder job because it came right off.

I am trying to rewire the MMCX connector but there's no clear way to get to that part. In the past I have seen ones with long pins sticking up from where the MMCX is and goes to the back on the housing, but on this it appears to simply be wires running from the MMCX connector.

So my question is does anyone know the general best practice for this. I am thinking I should remove the MMCX connector, rewire it, and then lead the wires back up and re-seal the MMCX connector in place with epoxy. Does this sound right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back