Revitalizing my iMod
Sep 3, 2007 at 5:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Assorted

Headphoneus Supremus
I've tried searching the forums but I couldn't quite find what I needed.

Is there any company, preferably in west Canada or at least in North America, that professionally fix scratches on the shiny metal body and the screen? Alternatively, is brass polish the best solution for milimeter deep scratches?

Sep 3, 2007 at 12:18 PM Post #4 of 12
Use toothpaste on the front for the deep ones, then move to brasso to take out the smaller scratches you made, then onto silver polish to take out the tiny ones the brasso made.

This should work on the back too.

I did this on my secondhand Zen Vision M then brought a Best Skin Ever for it, its the same as th Invisible Shield, but alot cheaper!!

Hope i helped! Give it ago, even if you dont have the stuff to do it, buying it costs like £5 = $10.........

-= Matt =-

Sep 3, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.morton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would it not be much easier to get a paint job on your iMod similar to EFNs?

Actually the paint job is not easy to do considering that if you want to get a clean result, the unit will have to be dismantled and parts are painted individually.

The cheapest and easiest option is to get a very-very fine Sandpaper and work on the rear panel to get rid of the bling look. Work the sandpaper in ONE DIRECTION only and I guarantee the result will be quite stunning (brushed metal look)

Sep 12, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've tried searching the forums but I couldn't quite find what I needed.

Is there any company, preferably in west Canada or at least in North America, that professionally fix scratches on the shiny metal body and the screen? Alternatively, is brass polish the best solution for milimeter deep scratches?

ETCHamac.com is pretty cool. They offer scratch removal and custom laser etching...check out their products and services area on their website!

Sep 13, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #10 of 12
ipod9.jpg

Brushed look

Users who are viewing this thread

Back