Revisiting mods for AKG K340 around-ear headphones.
Nov 7, 2013 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

akgK340owner

New Head-Fier
I got my K340’s in the 80's, still stock except for the rubber bands. I'd like to get the soft-leather pads from KT88 and put in cloth screens to replace the plastic grills, without destroying the grills. The threads about these things are years old. How do I proceed at this point in time?

Nov 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #2 of 7
Bump.

Nov 15, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #3 of 7
Bump. It seems no one is interested in AKG K340 mods any more. I don't find any other current threads about them.

Dec 14, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #5 of 7
Yes, I have but I'm not ready for recabling, just the two cheap, reversible mods.

Dec 14, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #6 of 7
The threads about these things are years old. How do I proceed at this point in time?

I don't yet own K340, but it's near the top of my WTB list, so I'm interested in the question.

I don't understand the problem. Are the threads unclear or simply old? I've bumped old threads to ask questions. (I once did that to thank everyone too.)

Dec 15, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #7 of 7
I don't yet own K340, but it's near the top of my WTB list, so I'm interested in the question.

I don't understand the problem. Are the threads unclear or simply old? I've bumped old threads to ask questions. (I once did that to thank everyone too.)

I have in fact learned a few things since my first post. For one, Anatoli (KT88) in a PM said he doesn't expect to get any more ear pads "in the near future". I've read that the more common velour K271 pads affect the sound in a way I wouldn't like.

In general, when all the posts are 4-6 years old, they often recommend products, kits or services that are no longer available except when they occasionally come on the second-hand market. I'm impatient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back