Revisited: Best NC on-ear (ideally portable) headphones under $150.00
May 15, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #31 of 37
I think what I am going to do is give the SR5BTs a try, and if that doesn't work, look at a couple higher-end IEMs such as the new DUNOs or the Westone ones or the 1more triple or quads, which have come down in price. I listened to some stuff on my commute this morning with my existing IEMs and with the V-Modas, and I have to admit the IEMs were a more rewarding experience. If I'm not able to go over $200.00, or even higher, it seems I'm not going to find what I am looking for. I get it. Frustrating though, as $200.00 is a lot of money to me.

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #32 of 37
May 16, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #33 of 37
May 16, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #34 of 37
Yes, it's the same as the HD-1 / Momentum (old name, same headphone) On-Ear headphone, just wireless. I have a pair of the older Momentum 1.0 On-Ear (same sound, doesn't fold in like the current model) wired.

May 16, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #35 of 37
thank you. I do have the old model, but wired.

It seems nice, but lacking in excitement. I know that may sound finicky, but it just doesn't seem to have much "oomph." That said, I am still breaking in and I plan to try with an amp, as it is a nice overall sound.

Aug 22, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #36 of 37
You really need to stretch your budget a little bit for a relatively good model. You can consider these models:
1. Sennheiser HD4.50 BTNC https://en-us.sennheiser.com/wireless-headphones-bluetooth-noise-cancelling-hd-4-50-btnc $180
2. Sony CH700N https://www.sony.com/electronics/headband-headphones/wh-ch700n - $200
Does anyone else notice the ANC effect on the Sony WH-CH700N is imbalanced? In other words, the white noise on the left side is consistently louder than the right side and it sounds more "open". This same effect was noted on the 3 pairs I purchased (and subsequently returned to 3 different retailers) and ALL the demo units at various retailers. I flipped the headphones to make sure I wasn't going crazy. Anyone else notice this? I can't imagine I'm the only one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back