Reviews of Matrix Revolutions (Spoilers starting on Page 3)
Nov 5, 2003 at 9:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

Music Fanatic

Headphoneus Supremus
I've read about 30 reviews of Matrix Revolutions online, and they are all uniformly awful!
I did enjoy this quote (from this article) in the NY Times: Quote:

There are still a few loose ends that might be spun into future sequels — "The Matrix Recycled," perhaps, or "The Matrix Recall Election" or "The Matrix Recipe Book and Holiday Menu Planner" (featuring the Oracle's baking tips)

So, let's hear from brave Head-Fi'ers. Just how bad is Matrix Revolutions?

Nov 5, 2003 at 9:41 AM Post #2 of 55
Chicago Tribune, Mark Caro
"...if you weren't keen on the direction of Reloaded, you're not likely to do an about-face as Revolutions continues down the same road."

That quote right there tells me I'm not going to bother to waste my money and see this film.

Nov 5, 2003 at 11:53 AM Post #3 of 55
I'm going to the cinema this afternoon to see the Matrix Revolutions at a preview screening.

Personally, I can't wait. I've been eagerly awaiting this since the end of the last movie.

As for the reviews by the so-called critics, it's probably gotten the bad reviews from those critics who have no idea about what the matrix is about. Opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2003 at 3:17 PM Post #5 of 55
Quote:

Originally posted by Trawlerman

As for the reviews by the so-called critics, it's probably gotten the bad reviews from those critics who have no idea about what the matrix is about. Opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one
biggrin.gif

Trawlerman you are partly right. Other people's opinions are like their farts, they stink.
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2003 at 5:42 PM Post #6 of 55
Actually, those so-called critics many times watch alot of films and may have a richer knowledge to draw on than many laymen. Sorta like the better musician practices more, the better writer reads more and the wiser audiophile has listened more, but whatever.

Anyway, I think we're looking at a complete slaughter. Hehe.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/TheM...1127201/?rtp=1

My favourite:
Quote:

"Reloaded was certainly a lumpy, gaseous treatise of a movie, but viewers of Revolutions may find themselves looking back on it fondly."

- The New York Times

There's a reason for an unprecedented world-wide opening. As Woody Allen says: "Take the money and run!"

Nov 5, 2003 at 6:55 PM Post #7 of 55
William Arnold of the Seattle Times gave it an A-.

Though, reading his review, I expected a C or D. I'm not exactly sure what he is basing the A- on, other than the fact that he liked the ending.

I don't really care how it is reviewed. I'm going to see it at the IMAX this weekend. Even if it's crap, it should still be fun.
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2003 at 7:53 PM Post #8 of 55
Quote:

Originally posted by Trawlerman
I'm going to the cinema this afternoon to see the Matrix Revolutions at a preview screening.

A preview screening? I thought the film was opening worldwide at the same time, in a giant gimmick.

Nov 5, 2003 at 7:56 PM Post #9 of 55
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
William Arnold of the Seattle Times gave it an A-.

I couldn't find that review online -- maybe it is hidden. But Mark Rahmer of that paper joined the chorus of raspberries for this film.

Nov 5, 2003 at 8:20 PM Post #10 of 55
Quote:

Didn't the original Matrix get bad reviews? I recall the local paper reviewer gave it 0 stars.

Not really, you can't look at what one critic gave a movie and infer that their score would be the same as other critics. The orginal Matrix scored a 73 on Metacritc.com (which is a weighted average the scores of many major critics together) which is not bad. The original scored a 86% on Rottentomatoes.com (meaning that 86% of critics like it, versus the 14% that did not).

Personally even though Reloaded got medicore reviews I thought it was still terribly overrated. The only reason, IMO, that critics didn't rip Reloaded apart is that they thought the story still might have some undisclosed meaning (like the humans really were androids etc, which would explain the horrible dialog in Reloaded). Now that Revolutions has come they see that no, Reloaded was just crap, and so is Revolutions.

After seeing Reloaded it was obvious to me that the Wachowski brothers had no idea where to take the story. And, I bet, they were forced to complete the scripts of both films within a week so that the studio could begin work on the special effects.

Reloaded had no heart and no brains and, it appears, neither does Revolutions. What a suprise being that they were made at the same time.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 5, 2003 at 8:57 PM Post #11 of 55
Quote:

I couldn't find that review online -- maybe it is hidden.

It was in today's paper. It might have been the Seattle PI now that I think about it. I can't remember which.
confused.gif

Nov 5, 2003 at 10:21 PM Post #13 of 55
Quote:

Originally posted by Music Fanatic
A preview screening? I thought the film was opening worldwide at the same time, in a giant gimmick.

When you live in places other than London in the UK, these big movies usually have a 1/2 day preview showing then the movie comes on full time a week or so later.

Welcome to the UK...
frown.gif

BTW, my home town of Hull is the birth place of J Arthur Rank despite the pitiful cinema's that we have.

Nov 5, 2003 at 11:15 PM Post #15 of 55
i will see it any way, some people just can't enjoy a movie, they have to pick it abart and tear it down and make so nobody wants to see it. i liked the sencond movie, it made me really think about what was going on, kinda challanging...the last one looks good to me, im in it for the special effects and action...not to complain about it that just makes a movie suck when you keep hearing others complaints some like them some don't. ok enough whining

Users who are viewing this thread

Back