Reviews and pictures of Best skins ever (BSE) skins
Jul 21, 2007 at 4:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

jdimitri

Headphoneus Supremus
Well i've just wanted to share my experiences with BSE (http://www.bestskinsever.com/)
I've stuck their product on a zune, ipod and this ds lite

Now, here's a BSE 6 months after its application on my ds lite
IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

6 months later, still looks the same! Unfortunately my ipod and zune has been sold off.. so no pictures of those
I only have a tiny complaint.. dirt or dust collects on the end of the skin, no big problem though, i can just easily wipe it off
In the light, it looks like it has this slightly odd texture

But.. it makes fingerprints a lot less noticable and it's VERY hard to put a scratch on the skin. The odd texture actually gives it a nice grippy feel
AND with the DS, there's one extra advantage, the screen protectors that are included makes the touch screen more accurate (not as slippery)
icon10.gif

Next.. BSE for my clix2 and PSP
very_evil_smiley.gif

I hope they come out with the new ipod's skin not too long after it comes out!

Update:
Well.. guess what the first thing i did was after i ordered a clix2
biggrin.gif

Here are some pics for you to feast on:

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

Worked great as always, easy to apply.. the only thing is that the sides aren't covered.. but who looks at the sides anyway

IMO, the clix looks even better with the BSE on. Why? Because the back is now shiny
very_evil_smiley.gif

So yeah.. nothing unexpected here, the screen looks just as good after it's applied. Great product as always

Installation is easy.. a spray of windex the smack em on

I hope they can make 6g ipod skins not too long after it comes out!

PS. excuse the green-ish tint.. my wall's colour is reflected. Also about the amount of dust.. you gotta remember the clix 2 is tiny.. and dust appears bigger/ more noticable in a blown up picture like this

Jul 21, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #2 of 17
Indeed they're awesome. Only complaint I had was my Zen where the back is white, it tended to get a lot of dirt trapped under the edge of the skin that I couldn't clean out. I got so bothered by it I eventually took the skins off the back and sides, which is fine too. The front is what matters anyway.

Jul 21, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #3 of 17
I had its full protective skin armor thingy on my moto Q cellphone.
Quite nice i have to say. My wife need a skin for her upstage, but they still don't have it for her.

So, this is my moto Q with skin applied.

motoQ-1.jpg

I went to the office depot the other day, and found the store manager has the same cellphone, the moto Q. I told him he has quite nice phone, and he said thank you, then I said... I have the same thing, the difference is... Then he was like OMG where did you get it. I need that one. I told him about BSE, and he took 20% off of my purchase. Quite nice... isn't it? I saved more than what I paid for my BSE skin. I am very satisfied customer, hehe.
biggrin.gif

As NightWoundsTime stated, it gets some dirts at the edge. That obviously is true, but we always can take the dirt off within a few seconds. And BSE usually is way cheaper than competitors, so what more we can ask for?
biggrin.gif

Jul 21, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #4 of 17
I have used BSE for my old PSP and my Nano. They work perfectly.

Jul 21, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #6 of 17
My 5G video ipod is still going strong with that stuff on it - screen looks pristine as does the wheel, even with heavy usage. and it's on my RAZR too - can't tell you how many times it's been mauled with my keys in my bag with nary a scratch! totally worth the few bucks and a minute with Windex!

and yes, for all who feared using Windex - obviously, no problems in a long term test.

Jul 21, 2007 at 7:34 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My 5G video ipod is still going strong with that stuff on it - screen looks pristine as does the wheel, even with heavy usage. and it's on my RAZR too - can't tell you how many times it's been mauled with my keys in my bag with nary a scratch! totally worth the few bucks and a minute with Windex!

and yes, for all who feared using Windex - obviously, no problems in a long term test.

Eh.. actually

I used windex on my white 5g ipod and over time the click wheel appeared to be turning pink
eek.gif
(didn't put any skin on the wheel)

Halfway taking off the skin, it was obvious that the skin turned yellow.. Most likely because i used some windex-like window cleaner. I tried again with baby shampoo and it stayed the same clear white for a good 4-5 months or so

Jul 21, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh.. actually

I used windex on my white 5g ipod and over time the click wheel appeared to be turning pink
eek.gif
(didn't put any skin on the wheel)

Halfway taking off the skin, it was obvious that the skin turned yellow.. Most likely because i used some windex-like window cleaner. I tried again with baby shampoo and it stayed the same clear white for a good 4-5 months or so

huuuuuh? yeah, use the real thing, none of that no-frills ammonia cleaner!

Aug 4, 2007 at 9:39 AM Post #13 of 17
Updated with clix2 skin pics

Quote:

huuuuuh? yeah, use the real thing, none of that no-frills ammonia cleaner!

QFT, got some of the real thang.. *20c more* and works great so far

May 2, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

I have on my my 80GB Video too. Absolutely brilliant, and still lasts after so long.

I just used water with a tiny drop of soap. Works perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back