Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products
Oct 6, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #286 of 291
For: Creative iRoar Go

Head-Fi username: aaryong
Location (City/Country): Singapore!
Do you own any similar products? If yes, which: I have Lots of similar sized small speakers. For starters, i have your creative Roar 1, which was pretty good i have to say. In fact, I have 2 Creative roar 1's which i use alot now! Other small speakers i have, include the Creative D100 (Your old portable speakers, which were pretty good back in it's old days), and a Klipsch KMC3 (a massively oversized portable speaker).

I Also have an Elysium ZEON III, X-Mini III and the Rectangualar Mi Speaker. Yeap, more small speakers than my ears can listen to lol. Oh, and include the Yamaha THR10C too! (Yes it's a guitar amp, but it also can play music on the go with AA Batteries, albeit without bluetooth). 

For serious listening, i use my 2 creative roar 1's (Plugged into AC for maximum power, these were THAT good for use in small to medium rooms!), Or my Creative X7 + EMU-XM7 Combo (I spent lots for this last year in march, and it was the best money i've spent so far for Computer Audio!)

Link(s) to a previous review(s): I have reviewed other products before on my blog #TechWIthAaron, at https://technologywithaaron.wordpress.com/

Apart from technological tips, i also have begun writing audio reviews a few months back, as i have a good ear for music
and would like to share my audio-hunting experiences :D

(I play and have tried recording some guitar before, so i've learnt to love hearing accurate sound (which a little extra bass sometimes :p), Currently i have only 1 review "Elysium Fideliio Headphones Review" Posted, as the blog is pretty new and hasn't been getting much viewership either. I plan to add more reviews (especially for the Creative Roar 1, it's old now but it deserves a great review for its excellent sound) as soon as time permits. At the moment, i'm finishing another review for another speaker :p

How would you help us to evangelize the product?
The creative Roar 1's were awesome, and i had a brief listen to the Creative Roar Go at the COMEX 2016 (This was the IT fair that your team FIRST launched this Creative iRoar Go!). I am really impressed that although this speaker is smaller than the Roar 1, it was actually able to rival and slightly beat the sound quality Creative Roar 2, which was also on display!

Furthermore, This speaker is even more portable than the creative Roar 1 and 2, and portability is a big selling point as VERY FEW would want to lug a big speaker around for short outdoor trips (My Klipsch KMC3 has rarely gone out of house because even though it's battery powered, it's too big to bring around to most places (e.g. the beach or gardens) without being a bulky burden).

Let's not forget that the Creative iRoar go is also waterproof, and also allows us to tweak it's audio profile. Honestly, I think we have a speaker that is almost able to evangelize for itself :p

I will help to give a very fair review of this new speaker that your company has launched,covering the speaker's great new features, portability and sound quality. To make things interesting, i would compare it against the likes of the Creative Roar 1 to show how much better your new speaker is. I will also compare it to the Elysium ZEON III (which is also a pretty expensive small speaker with good sound quality, although i'll admit, it's really not as good as the Creative roar 1).

The review would be posted here in Head Fi and also on my blog, so the good word can spread around quickly :D
Hope you find my coverage extensive enough, if not, i'm always open to reviewing and sharing more points of this good speaker. That way i can improve the way i write reviews :D

Cheers! Update (2/11/2016): The review i was working on earlier has just been uploaded on my #TechWithAaron Website. it was for the Elysium Zeon III Speaker + Creative Muvo 2C.  https://technologywithaaron.wordpress.com/ It's a very good baseline of how detailed i am in writing my reviews, covering many important areas of a speaker. Have a great day ahead!

Oct 6, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #287 of 291
Head-Fi username: 650help

Location (City/Country): Singapore, Singapore

Do you own any similar products? If yes, which: I have Bose Sound link and Creative T12.

Link(s) to a previous review(s): I would like this to be my first.

I am not a techie guy but I love listening Music and watching Movies. With great speakers, specially wireless, it will definitely enhance the listening and watching experience. Most of the customers are not looking for how great the specs are, but the quality of the sounds, specs may be secondary. If you add me to your team, I will be a great addition to your line up of reviewers because my observations, opinions and experiences will be from a normal consumer's perspective which will really useful to persuade non-techie audiophiles.

I also have a youtube channel which I can use to post my unboxings and review of the products. This will help promote your producta a to a wide range of audience.

Oct 7, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #288 of 291
Hey guys, we had very good response for our last reviewer engagement and now we are looking for an additional 5 more reviewers to test out the latest Creative iRoar Go portable wireless speaker.

Would love to get in on this.

Head-Fi username: Location (City/Country): salanos / singapore

Do you own any similar products? If yes, which: Sound Blaster AXX200 and have access to Roar Pro. Also have couple other minor brands of portable speakers.

Link(s) to a previous review(s):
I'm no professional reviewer, but I did review the SB AXX200 previously, and I still continue use and adore that system. Unfortunately the website I made the review on is no longer in operation, but I can retrieve a snapshot of the review if that's needed, maybe repost it on Head-fi.
I do have an older review of audio-technica headphones on Head-Fi.

I had an interest in the iRoar Go when i heard of it, but did not choose to purchase it as I already use the SB AXX200. I have in fact purchased a Roar Pro for a family member and was also quite pleased with it - I have a favorable opinion the whole Roar line of speakers and am quite keen to see how it stands up to scrutiny with water resistance thrown in, which would in fact also go nicely with my other water resistant gadgets. I also have access to the SB X7 Limited and Recon3Di chipsets for additional testing if relevant, though my personal sound card of choice is a XONAR DX.

I do openly support Creative products as well, with a view that the company is now a former mainstream underdog - the kind of company that was once at the forefront of mainstream-market would-be-customers who are looking for a relevant product, but is now, although still a "mainstream brand", somewhat out of the average consumer's eye (like Ford in Singapore lol). I kind of made a small splash with some older people who were pretty surprised to learn my SB AXX200 is a Creative product rather than insert premium brand here. Basically, I like to support 'alternative brands' that I believe have the products that are great.

As a reviewer I take a detailed look at auxillary features of things and often toss up even the smallest things of note. I like to provide as much information as I can, including on technical aspects, and may wind up dumping info that others may miss or gloss over.
I unfortunately lack any sophisticated audio testing equipment and favor a sparkly treble-emphatic V-shape sound, but I do consider myself as a little bit of an audiophile. I also admit that I don't spend a lot of time around head-fi as of late.

Oct 7, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #289 of 291
Which product(s) you would like to review (you may rank the products if more than one):
 Aurvana In-Ear3 Plus Earphones
Sound Blaster E5 Portable Headphone Amplifier 
Head-Fi username: gprs007
Location (City/Country): Bridgwater/New Jersey/ USA
Do you own any similar products? If yes, which:
Yes
Amp: Fiio A3
Earbuds : Several
Shure SE215 in ear
Harman Kardon IENC in ear
Harman Kardon AE in ear
Knowledge Zenith (KZ) ED9 in ear
Klipsch R6
KZ ATE Copper Driver Ear Hook HiFi in Ear Earphone Sport Headphones for Running with Foam Eartips with Microphone
Ture wireless stereo bluetooth headset: X1T by Rambotech (Wireless)
bluetooth-stereo-headset-s5 by Rambotech
Advanced M4
Advanced Model 3
Link(s) to a previous review(s): http://www.head-fi.org/users/439582/reviews
Being a Product Analyst, My role is to identify the customer needs and bring in improvements in product we offer.
I offer an unbiased input which will help identify product strength/Weakness.

Jan 6, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #290 of 291
  Hey guys, we had very good response for our last reviewer engagement and now we are looking for an additional 5 more reviewers to test out the latest Creative iRoar Go portable wireless speaker.

The iRoar Go is our first speaker to incorporate Creative’s groundbreaking Super Wide technology that delivers a startlingly wide audio experience from a small device. Normally, speakers of this size play back content without realistic left and right channel imaging. But with Super Wide, iRoar Go’s intelligent processing ensures that your ears perceive left and right sources in their correct place with amazing accuracy!

Some other key features:
IPX6 splashproof
- 5 drivers with built-in subwoofer for awesome bass
- Integrated digital music player for lossless audio playback
- Versatile playback options: Bluetooth, USB, microSD and USB flash drive
- Free Sound Blaster Connect app for audio personalization and music controls

You can find out more about the Creative iRoar Go here: http://bit.ly/iRoarGoHeadFi

To apply, simply reply this thread with the details stated below. Applications will close 7th October 2016. Only selected reviewers will be contacted.

Head-Fi username: Location (City/Country):
Do you own any similar products? If yes, which:
Link(s) to a previous review(s):

Terms and Conditions:
• Selected reviewers should post in this thread when headphones are received/posted and agree to write a review of the Head Gear section of Head-Fi.org
• Review unit is non-returnable. It’s for you to keep but we do encourage you to pass it on to other forum users if you like. ☺
• Please allow us to share your review on our website, marketing collateral and other relevant social media content.

Please do not hesitate to PM me if you have questions.

Thanks!
Lucas

Has anybody been chosen after all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back