Reviewed: Bobino Cable Buddy
Nov 21, 2011 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

LostArk

Head-Fier
Bobino Cable Buddy

I overwhelmingly prefer straight cabled headphones. In fact, if I didn't hate the coiled cable on my HD280's so much, I might have never thought about replacing them and thus never discovered Head-Fi! To think! That being said, I am also a neat freak. The sight of unkempt cables sends a shiver down my spine. Up until I stumbled upon the Bobino Cable Buddy, my primary cable management method was to loosely coil a section of the cable and loop the free end through it:

While somewhat effective, this method makes it difficult to increase or decrease the length of the cord as needed, requiring the loose end to be to be un-looped, the desired length of cable removed or added to the coil, and then re-looping the loose end.

The Bobino cable wrap has a small notch on one side of the wrap which secures directly to the cable and serves as a "starting point" for wrapping the cable. This enables cable to be added or removed from the coil with ease. The two large notches on either side provide room for the wound cable, with a small notch on either end small enough to keep the cables from accidentally coming undone. To add or remove cable to the coil you must "snap" it through either notch.

The unit itself is very light and not much heavier than a wad of wound up cable using my old coil-and-loop method. 

These come in different sizes and I plan on getting some for my portable headphones. No more stuffing excess cable in my pocket! 

Overall I give this item a 7/10. My only gripes are that it seems like $9.95 shipped is a bit high for a piece of plastic weighing an ounce, and that the weight of the unit could be further reduced by cutting a hole in the middle of it. 

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #3 of 4
I don’t know about awesome, but it might come in handy. Would a thicker cable still work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back