Review Tour of the Portable High Resolution Music Player FiiO X3 Mark III is on Right Now!!
Jul 25, 2017 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

FiiO

Sponsor: FiiO
2017广州发布会EN.088.jpeg

X3 MarkIII was released at our launch event about 10 days ago and the review units are getting ready soon. Would you like to test out this Portable High Resolution DAP and find out what's new about it? The following functions might help you know more about our brand new X3 Mark III. Most importantly, if you are interested in getting your hands on it, don't forget to reply to the thread and take part in the review tour!

Dual high performance DACs PCM5242 from Ti for better channel separation

Dual-mode Bluetooth 4.1, low delay and high quality

Dual headphone outputs, support both 3.5mm standard and 2.5mm TRRS balanced

Patented touch wheel, more reliable and durable

Supports lossless music formats, such as WAV, APE, WMA, FLAC, ALAC, DSF, DFF……

Supports up to 192kHz/32bit

Hi-Res Audio Certified

Shipping info:

Depending on the geographical distribution of selected reviewers, FiiO will ship out several X3 Mark III, one or more to reviewers in each region, e.g. USA, Europe, SE Asia, Pacific region, etc. so that shipping costs from one reviewer to the next is kept low. FiiO will pay for shipping to the first reviewer and any customs taxes / import duties that may result from the X3 Mark III crossing countries.

Preview application period: starting now! And accepting applications until further notice.

First list of previewers to be announced: Aug 10, 2017

Beginning of shipment of review the X3 Mark III: Aug 14, 2017

Please apply by replying to this thread and including the following information in your reply:

-Headphone(s) / earphone(s) you possess:

-Any DAP(s) / DAC(s) / amp(s) you may possess:

-Descriptions and links to review(s) you may have posted:

-Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in):

-Your native language (and any other languages you may be able to write in)

Review regulations (subject to change before the tour commences):

•Reviewers should keep the X3 Mark III for at most 10 days before shipping to the next reviewer.

•Reviewers should ship the X3 Mark III to the next reviewer by registered post requiring signature in the padded box provided.

•Reviewers will not be held responsible for any damage to the X3 Mark III sustained during shipping or normal usage.

•Reviewers should do the preview fairly and objectively, and related product photos are required. (Alternatively, video reviews are welcome)

•Reviewers need not overstate the advantages of the products.

•Reviewers should indicate that the review X3 Mark III 's are free loan units, in order to avoid any misunderstandings.

•Reviewers are prohibited from using or disseminating pirated music on the X3 3rd gen.

•Reviewers are reminded to listen responsibly and safely to the X3 3rd gen, to not use it when operating machinery or driving, and not to drive headphones to excessive volume with the X3 3rd gen.

•Reviewers should post the completed preview content to this thread and the FiiO X3 Mark III 's review page: https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/fiio-x3-mark-iii.22545/

•P lease also provide FiiO with the links to your review, for us to come and admire your work.

•Please contact FiiO in advance if you have any difficulties with the X3 Mark III in the course of your preview, so we may help you resolve it if possible.

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 25, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #2 of 22

X3 MarkIII was released at our launch event about 10 days ago and the review units are getting ready soon. Would you like to test out this Portable High Resolution DAP and find out what's new about it? The following functions might help you know more about our brand new X3 Mark III. Most importantly, if you are interested in getting your hands on it, don't forget to reply to the thread and take part in the review tour!

Dual high performance DACs PCM5242 from Ti for better channel separation

Dual-mode Bluetooth 4.1, low delay and high quality

Dual headphone outputs, support both 3.5mm standard and 2.5mm TRRS balanced

Patented touch wheel, more reliable and durable

Supports lossless music formats, such as WAV, APE, WMA, FLAC, ALAC, DSF, DFF……

Supports up to 192kHz/32bit

Hi-Res Audio Certified

Shipping info:

Depending on the geographical distribution of selected reviewers, FiiO will ship out several X3 Mark III, one or more to reviewers in each region, e.g. USA, Europe, SE Asia, Pacific region, etc. so that shipping costs from one reviewer to the next is kept low. FiiO will pay for shipping to the first reviewer and any customs taxes / import duties that may result from the X3 Mark III crossing countries.

Preview application period: starting now! And accepting applications until further notice.

First list of previewers to be announced: Aug 10, 2017

Beginning of shipment of review the X3 Mark III: Aug 14, 2017

Please apply by replying to this thread and including the following information in your reply:

Review regulations (subject to change before the tour commences):

•Reviewers should keep the X3 Mark III for at most 10 days before shipping to the next reviewer.

•Reviewers should ship the X3 Mark III to the next reviewer by registered post requiring signature in the padded box provided.

•Reviewers will not be held responsible for any damage to the X3 Mark III sustained during shipping or normal usage.

•Reviewers should do the preview fairly and objectively, and related product photos are required. (Alternatively, video reviews are welcome)

•Reviewers need not overstate the advantages of the products.

•Reviewers should indicate that the review X3 Mark III 's are free loan units, in order to avoid any misunderstandings.

•Reviewers are prohibited from using or disseminating pirated music on the X3 3rd gen.

•Reviewers are reminded to listen responsibly and safely to the X3 3rd gen, to not use it when operating machinery or driving, and not to drive headphones to excessive volume with the X3 3rd gen.

•Reviewers should post the completed preview content to this thread and the FiiO X3 Mark III 's review page: https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/fiio-x3-mark-iii.22545/

•P lease also provide FiiO with the links to your review, for us to come and admire your work.

•Please contact FiiO in advance if you have any difficulties with the X3 Mark III in the course of your preview, so we may help you resolve it if possible.
Hello,

I would be glad to review your new DAP!

AKG K701, Philips Fidelio X2 and Westone UM2.

Cowon X5L (almost a collection device), several solid state and lamp class A amps.

None (for the moment :wink: ).

France, Lyon.

French (native) and English

Thanks!

Jul 25, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #4 of 22
Hi would love to review you're new DAP.
EMX500 balanced 2.5mm, Vido balanced 2.5 mm, ATH M50X 3.5mm, Grado Sr80 2.5 mm balanced, Sony MDR-100AAP
Zishan z1, Aune m1s, Fiio M3,Fiio Q1
None but im ready to begin
Pune, Maharashtra India
- English, Hindi, French
Hope you select me :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #6 of 22
-Headphone(s) / earphone(s) you possess: FiiO EX1 and Mee M6 Pro

-Any DAP(s) / DAC(s) / amp(s) you may possess: FiiO X5II, FiiO X1II, Cayin N3

-Descriptions and links to review(s) you may have posted: I've done a few reviews on here for headphones and amps, but can't find them since the site changed.

-Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in): Cincinnati, Ohio, United States.

-Your native language (and any other languages you may be able to write in): English is it.

Jul 27, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #7 of 22
I would love to be included in the tour:
-Headphone(s) / earphone(s) you possess: SR009, HD800, T1, HD700, HD650, TH600, HE560, HE400i, HE400, K7XX, RS2e, SR225e, SRH-1840, LCD-2f, MDR-1A, DT990-250ohm, EL-8 open, MDR-7506, Momentum on-ear, Momentum over-ear, Stax SRD-34, M50x, PX-100ii, custom built Grado clones (Nhoord Red V2, Ypsilon S1, and Ypsilon R1)

-Any DAP(s) / DAC(s) / amp(s) you may possess: X3, X3ii, X1, Teac UD-301, Teac AH-01, Bifrost Uber, Bifrost MB, Modi2uber, BH Crack, Lyr2, Project Ember, Asgard2, Xonar DG, Xonar DGX

-Descriptions and links to review(s) you may have posted: haven't done any yet

-Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in): Honolulu Hawaii, USA

-Your native language (and any other languages you may be able to write in): English

Jul 28, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #8 of 22
Hi,

I would be glad to review your new DAP!

- Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Noble X, Vibro Labs Maya, Rockjaws Alfa Genus v2, Sony MDR-EX750AP

- Sony NZ-A35, Chord Mojo

- None yet. :)

- Hyderabad, India.

- English.

Aug 2, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #9 of 22

Sennheiser HD 650, Westone w30, EarSonics SM64, Meze 99 Classics, Shure 215, Gr07 Bass Edition, Hifiman HE 400i

Fiio E17k, Schitt Modi 2 Uber, Schitt Magni 2, JDS LABS o2 Amp
None currently posted. Two reviews are in progress. I've been looking to start reviewing more!

Hays, KS, USA

English

Thanks for the opportunity!

Aug 3, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #10 of 22
Hello FiiO folks,

Oooh - a new X3! Yes, I'd like to be considered for this tour too please! :)

My current headphones: Shure SE846, Shure KSE1500, Beyerdynamic Xelento, FLC 8S, ATH-M50x, B&W P5, Etymotic ER4XR, Klipsch X11i
DAPs: FiiO X1ii, FiiO X7 (am1+am2+am3), QP1R, Shanling M1.
Reviews:
FiiO X5iii: https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-premium-hi-res-dap.22233/reviews?page=2
Beyerdynamic Xelento: https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/...esla-in-ear-headset-for-mobile-devices.22337/
I've also maintained the X7 bugs/issues thread on headfi: http://www.head-fi.org/t/824174/known-bugs-issues-with-latest-x7-firmware

Languages: English, German and Spanish.

P.S. I've also previously reviewed several FiiO products on Amazon.com. For example:

FiiO X7: https://www.amazon.com/review/R170D7WZQBIYY5
FiiO M3: https://www.amazon.com/review/R69OJLQC48QZB
FiiO X1: https://www.amazon.com/review/R3GJHRJITJVE6Y
FiiO X5ii: https://www.amazon.com/review/R14H44G46UCOWR
FiiO X3ii: https://www.amazon.com/review/R10Z6F86NGNCJ8

Sep 25, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #12 of 22
Would love to review if not too late:

-Headphone(s) / earphone(s) you possess: AudioTechnica MSR7GM Etymotic ER4MicroPro Jays q-Jays

-Any DAP(s) / DAC(s) / amp(s) you may possess: Sony ZX100, iPod Touch, iPod nano, Pioneer DPX-30R, Oppo HA2SE

-Descriptions and links to review(s) you may have posted: None yet, hoping this is my first one

-Your geographical region (e.g. the city and country you live in): Tucson Az USA

-Your native language (and any other languages you may be able to write in) English

Oct 30, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #13 of 22
I have a big problem with this product! The amplification is low on the pre-settings, while the sound cracks loudly on the set CUSTOM (personal settings). Behind this noise, I hear a big sound power.

I sent another X3 III, that had the same problem. And I have the same problem again. I wanted to test on Another Fiio X3 III, that of my friend ... same problem!

It's likely that all customers have the same problem!! :triportsad: But not many people realize it. Knowing that, resellers, Fiio in China have never had a similar return. The same effect on all headphones. Help me please!!

I live in France.

Oct 30, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #14 of 22
I have a big problem with this product! The amplification is low on the pre-settings, while the sound cracks loudly on the set CUSTOM (personal settings). Behind this noise, I hear a big sound power.

I sent another X3 III, that had the same problem. And I have the same problem again. I wanted to test on Another Fiio X3 III, that of my friend ... same problem!

It's likely that all customers have the same problem!! :triportsad: But not many people realize it. Knowing that, resellers, Fiio in China have never had a similar return. The same effect on all headphones. Help me please!!

I live in France.

@FiiO @Brooko

I don't know who else can give more help than FiiO or Paul, who owned X3-3 for a good while. If a batch is broken, it is broken, but just so we know, what settings are you making that are causing this?

Oct 30, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #15 of 22
@FiiO @Brooko

I don't know who else can give more help than FiiO or Paul, who owned X3-3 for a good while. If a batch is broken, it is broken, but just so we know, what settings are you making that are causing this?

thanks for your attention.

I just changed the frequency 31hz, then 62hz on the set CUSTOM ... I see a low, weak amplification!

Then I went to the ACG preset and I went straight back to the CUSTOM set. And then a crunch has appeared on the percussions and sub-bass AND Noise whistlings, the rest of the sound behind this crack is really amplified a real "explosive sound". It would be a real pleasure to hear without this crack noise. I can not explain it, there is a loss of amplification...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back