Review: the Cyclone PR1 Pro - Another $50 bang/buck heavyweight
Nov 27, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #61 of 244
Well i almost pulled the trigger on the cyclones today and even tried to pay but it seems my credit card limit has maxed out for the month. So i guess i can order now on the 1st. Which leaves me again thinking and again getting confused over my choice. And now i might be tempted to buy the RE0. I want to know a few things though before i order. Its no doubt the RE0 excel in detail and clarity and other things but the bass and soundstage on the PR1 is better . I want to know how much better are the PR1 in these areas than the RE0.
I like to listen to rock and is it that due to less bass the RE0 might not sound good with it or is the bass on them adequate? Im no bass head but i need the bass to be there.
And PR1 are very good at soundtage but how good is the soundstage of the RE0 standalone.
And at last which one would give a more complete sound?

Nov 27, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #63 of 244
Guess what came in the mail today?
tongue_smile.gif

First Impression - I took off the small tips that were already on, put on the bi-flange tips. I was underwhelmed for about 10 mins. The lack of bass and soundstage, although the vocals were forward.

I decided to put on the medium clear tips. That gave me the, "Wow! Did I really pay $45 for these?" It pushed the vocals a bit back, but the bass and soundstage was present. I'll post back after listening it to some more

Update - Since I went to the arcade today and my ears are a bit blown out, I'll have to listen to this tomorrow.

Nov 28, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #64 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by lavinachtani /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its no doubt the RE0 excel in detail and clarity and other things but the bass and soundstage on the PR1 is better . I want to know how much better are the PR1 in these areas than the RE0.
I like to listen to rock and is it that due to less bass the RE0 might not sound good with it or is the bass on them adequate? Im no bass head but i need the bass to be there.
And PR1 are very good at soundtage but how good is the soundstage of the RE0 standalone.
And at last which one would give a more complete sound?

The RE0 are fine for rock IMHO, but the PR1s do have more prominent bass. The soundstage is significantly wider than the RE0. Both give a "complete" sound in the sense that they play all the notes as they should. The RE0 are overall slightly more intimate so they might give the illusion of a more complete sound. On the other hand the PR1s are better at the low end, so they might sound fuller to you. Hard to say really. Neither is what you'd commonly call "fun". Anthony (jant71) stated that he found the PR1s more engaging, and I can see where he's coming from, but I'm not so sure. Both are pretty laid back.

Nov 30, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #65 of 244
Ok i think i am finally going for the PR1. I started off with $50 budget to fit in the koss ksc75 and IEM. So paying $90 + $15( koss ksc75) has overshot my budget. I will save up and probably buy em in 6 months ( hopefully they will be even more cheaper or something else which is better than re0 might have released)
Well i had kinda already bid on the ebay site for the Cyclone PR1 and it shows that i have a payment pending. I cant pay for one more day because of my credit card limit being maxed out. But the site also shows that the seller has rebated the item ( what does that mean). So does the seller have it in stock so that when i make my payment i will receive them or i will have to wait till he gets them in stock??( i have never shopped on ebay )
Is there anyway i can contact the seller? I tried but cannot seem to find it on ebay.

Nov 30, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #66 of 244
Quote:

Ok i think i am finally going for the PR1. I started off with $50 budget to fit in the koss ksc75 and IEM. So paying $90 + $15( koss ksc75) has overshot my budget. I will save up and probably buy em in 6 months ( hopefully they will be even more cheaper or something else which is better than re0 might have released)
Well i had kinda already bid on the ebay site for the Cyclone PR1 and it shows that i have a payment pending. I cant pay for one more day because of my credit card limit being maxed out. But the site also shows that the seller has rebated the item ( what does that mean). So does the seller have it in stock so that when i make my payment i will receive them or i will have to wait till he gets them in stock??( i have never shopped on ebay )
Is there anyway i can contact the seller? I tried but cannot seem to find it on ebay.

Congrats on making your decision. I'm not sure what 'rebated' means but it is possible that the seller refused the transaction because you did not pay immediately (which is the accepted standard for buy-it-now transactions). To contact the seller just use the 'ask a question' link on the right side of the item's auction page under the seller's name or click on the seller's name and use the 'contact member' link on the left side. He seems to have quite a few of them in stock - I updated the link in my original post.

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #69 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just checked and my pair should arrive tomorrow via USPS. Interested to hear them.

Verdict?
wink.gif

Quote:

I hope the sound signatures of the PX100 and the PR1 pro are different or else i will be stuck with similar sounding phones

Don't worry, they're quite different
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 1, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #71 of 244
Thanks for the review. They look nice but is the metal heavy?

Dec 1, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #72 of 244
ljokerl;6196484 said:
Verdict?
wink.gif

Still with the USPS. The track info is "processed through sort facility" on Nov. 29, so they should be here shortly. Having just purchases the SA1s and CKS70, not sure why I even bought them. It's all your fault. But if I don't keep them, someone will get a very good deal on them.

Dec 2, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #73 of 244
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do these compare to ER6/ER6i's?

These have a much more balanced and spacious sound. I found the Er6i especially lacking in soundstage as well as low-end response, both things that the Cyclones do rather well. The Er6i might be a little more detailed in the treble (it's been a while since I had them) but they are much colder-sounding and far less laid-back than the Cyclones

Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the review. They look nice but is the metal heavy?

Only the front half of the housing is metal and they're actually quite light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still with the USPS. The track info is "processed through sort facility" on Nov. 29, so they should be here shortly. Having just purchases the SA1s and CKS70, not sure why I even bought them. It's all your fault. But if I don't keep them, someone will get a very good deal on them.

This is what I get for bringing a solid product to the attention of the community. Great
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back