REVIEW: The best headphone/amp combo known to man
Dec 8, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #91 of 122
You see comments like that is why people don't take you or that amp seriously. There's a lot more and I mean a whole lot more that goes into an how an amp sounds than just what tubes it uses. If you love that amp and headphones, that's all that matters. Please stop trying to push that setup on others here. If they don't care to try it, then they just don't care to try it. Why should it matter that much to you? Just move on and let it go.

Dec 10, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #92 of 122
No there is not. Check for yourself. 

That is the problem here, noone are willing to compare. Try it... Woo vs Sunrise. or Sunrise vs anything else with 6922 tubes. Use the same tube and see what differences you hear. Not much. 

Dec 10, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #94 of 122
IMO the Sunrise is a "Little Big Amp", i'm using it for 5 months now, and i still enjoying it like at the first time... it's a perfect match with Audio-GD DAC (tried with DAC 19-DSP and NFB 3.1), and with the AKG K340 (the old one @400 Ohms).

I noticed that now it's dead silent with quality interconnect... (no strange noise anymore) 

It drives effortlessly the K340, and also sound great with AKG K601 and Sony MDR-SA5000.

I insist that it's not like the Bravo, Indeed, etc... with the sunrise you must use a great source... with real line out with 2 or 2.5 Vrms and with quality interconnect cables (shielded).

I think jeremy at garage1217 should do a loaner program and let try an Project Sunrise to a panel of head-fiers for reviewing it.

Dec 11, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #99 of 122
I wont sound the same, but it wont be any better.

You are all sucked into this head-fi "biggest fools" game of our lifetime. There are differences between tubeamps, but as long as the tube is the limiting factor, which it is to this date, you dont get any better music by getting very expensive tube amps with all typer of caps, transformers etc. Reviewers of the Pinnacle $10K headphone tube amp still say the same. Its the same difference vs solidstate as all other tube amps. Less focused. Less controlled bass. Less spatial performance.

But be my guest: Dont try this amp. Keep spending your dollars on the tube amp of the year every year. Its like a childs game and it is ridicilous. It will not beat this little excellent amp, and most of you wont hear the difference anyway.

Dec 11, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #101 of 122
Yes it does. Many of the headfiers are brainwashed when they believe that solidstate components are the limiting part. It is total madness. 

anyhow ... please, go spend your money on more expensive amps, you will hear maybe differences, but not better sound.

Dec 11, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #102 of 122

Quote:
Yes it does. Many of the headfiers are brainwashed when they believe that solidstate components are the limiting part. It is total madness. 

anyhow ... please, go spend your money on more expensive amps, you will hear maybe differences, but not better sound.

Please take this in the nicest possible way, but if your headphone of reference is the one in your sig, I'm not surprised you are having a hard time distinguishing differences in components.

I owned that headphone way back when, and to say it is a revealing transducer is to say a fish looks like an elephant.

My $.02

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #103 of 122
haha... yes it is colored but not that colored, and I have had AKG K 701 and Senn HD 600 too. 

Its fine by me. But this amp deserves to be tried. One really does not need any other hybrid amp.

Dec 11, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #104 of 122
i was with you(sort of) until you started lashing out and attacking people who disagree with you(and pretty much 75% of headfi).  then you lost me.  being abrasive is not typically the best way to get people to listen to you or take into consideration your views/opinions.

Dec 11, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #105 of 122

Quote:
I wont sound the same, but it wont be any better.

So if the same tube on different amps don't sound the same, how is it judged to be "not any better"? 
Btw you're making the false assumption that people who are unconvinced that the Sunrise is the "best amp ever" are buying much more expensive amps instead. For example, I'm skeptical that the Sunrise is quite that great, and I'm using an Aikido--cost me ~US$350. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back