Review: Skullcandy Mix Master – Duality
Jan 13, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #46 of 65
Quote:
They really won't ever be mistaken for Beats. There's too much Skullcandy badging 
rolleyes.gif

As for the Q40, the MMM offers a more accurate sound if that's what you're seeking. Not an all-around upgrade, but certainly not worse than the Q40. 

Thanks, if it's not an all-around upgrade I won't bother. I didn't mean mistaken for Beats, just saying that like the Beats they're also styled to go with gangsta clothing... the Sony 1R is more my style looks-wise 
wink.gif

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #47 of 65
I picked up a set of these and sold my ath m50's.  The MM sound similar to me but I prefer the extra features that they offer, especially the shorter cords.  Now I have to decide if I should also sell my HD 25-II...

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #48 of 65
how does the skullcandy mix master headphones compare to the hesh 2.0's? for  headphones i have a red siberia steel series limited edition which produces good bass when listening to music, turtle beach x11 (xbox 360), it get somewhat uncomfortable when wearing for hours on end. then i have recently bought skullcandyies black hesh 2.0's headphones, their pads dont completely go over my ears unlike steel series and turtle beach, it has some bass but not that great. how does mix master headpho0nes from skullcandy compare to all of these?

Mar 6, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #50 of 65
Would the MMM by any chance be better than the Denon AH 400?
I'm trying to decide which to buy for the same price of $160
I kinda am a bass head but also don't like destortion and also like true sound of whatever music file i may listen to since i listen to many different types. I do like the fact that the MMM's has lifetime warrentee and has rather nice features, but how does it compete against the Denon AH 400's?

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #51 of 65
Quote:
I tried these today, and I can't believe how bad the isolation is for a closed headphone.

Yeah, it's pretty bad.
Quote:
Would the MMM by any chance be better than the Denon AH 400?
I'm trying to decide which to buy for the same price of $160
I kinda am a bass head but also don't like destortion and also like true sound of whatever music file i may listen to since i listen to many different types. I do like the fact that the MMM's has lifetime warrentee and has rather nice features, but how does it compete against the Denon AH 400's?

As far as I know neither is a very popular model on Head-Fi so I doubt anyone owns both. The MMM does not distort at listening volumes as far as I could tell.

Mar 9, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #52 of 65
Quote:
how does the skullcandy mix master headphones compare to the hesh 2.0's? for  headphones i have a red siberia steel series limited edition which produces good bass when listening to music, turtle beach x11 (xbox 360), it get somewhat uncomfortable when wearing for hours on end. then i have recently bought skullcandyies black hesh 2.0's headphones, their pads dont completely go over my ears unlike steel series and turtle beach, it has some bass but not that great. how does mix master headpho0nes from skullcandy compare to all of these?

MMM is a much more balanced headphone than your hesh 2.0 The clamp is also tighter. Mids r very forward and highs a little rolled off bass is ok but when boosted sounds good. Fast,precise,good impact. Great separation.  But you're prob not gonna like bass any more on the MMM. I found the hesh 2.0 a little bass heavy and muddy. The beyerdynamic dt770 is warm with great sub extension and impact. Smooth as silk.

Jun 17, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #53 of 65
Hey if this isnt that great for its price what is? i have solo hd and they suck so i want to sell them and buy something in this pricerange or lower that is better than this and or better than the solo hds?

Jun 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #54 of 65
Quote:
Hey if this isnt that great for its price what is? i have solo hd and they suck so i want to sell them and buy something in this pricerange or lower that is better than this and or better than the solo hds?

Try this thread to get some ideas:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-107-portable-headphones-reviewed-astrotec-as-100hd-as-200hd-added-12-02-12

or click on my for sale link on a good deal of the MMM's.  

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #56 of 65
If you want something mid-bassy like the Solo try the AKG K81dj. It's very cheap and sounds much cleaner in the mids. The cable is very thin (and long) though so be prepared to make your own replacement cable when it breaks. If you want something more balanced try the v-moda m-80. Replaceably standard cable like the Solo. This is assuming you want something small like the Solo. If you don't mind something full-sized, your options expand exponentially :)

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #58 of 65
If you want balanced sound take a look at the Philips Citiscape and Fidelio lines. Also consider the Audio Technica WS99 if you're willing to import it from Japan. These Skullcandy MMM are pretty good too if you can find it on sale. Don't bother with other Skullcandy models. If you're a basshead on a budget, my hands-down recommendation is the M-Audio Q40. If you're willing to spend more money, the V-moda M-100 and Denon D600 would be my top choices.

Jul 9, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #59 of 65
Quote:
If you want balanced sound take a look at the Philips Citiscape and Fidelio lines. Also consider the Audio Technica WS99 if you're willing to import it from Japan. These Skullcandy MMM are pretty good too if you can find it on sale. Don't bother with other Skullcandy models. If you're a basshead on a budget, my hands-down recommendation is the M-Audio Q40. If you're willing to spend more money, the V-moda M-100 and Denon D600 would be my top choices.

Would you have any recommendation of close cans which has similar balanced SQ like those Philips? Mostly used for classical /  jazz on the go.

Thanks in advanced! :)

Jul 9, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #60 of 65
Would you have any recommendation of close cans which has similar balanced SQ like those Philips? Mostly used for classical /  jazz on the go.

Thanks in advanced! :)

KEF M500, if you can afford it. Flattest frequency response south of $1k.
Senheisser Momentum, A-T WS99 or v-Moda M-80 for a bit more fun but still relatively balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back