Review: Skullcandy Mix Master – Duality
Sep 13, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #31 of 65
Quote:
cool, which one leaks more/ isolates better?

They are pretty close I think.  I haven't had the M50's for awhile now so can't compare right now.  I just remember the M50's clamping force to be stronger and the ear cups were a little bigger so it sits completely around the ears so my guess is that the M50's might isolate a little better. 

Sep 13, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #32 of 65
Quote:
They are pretty close I think.  I haven't had the M50's for awhile now so can't compare right now.  I just remember the M50's clamping force to be stronger and the ear cups were a little bigger so it sits completely around the ears so my guess is that the M50's might isolate a little better

do the mixmaster go around your ear or sir on ur ear? which are more comfy? 

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #39 of 65
Quote:
That would be a crazy price for the Mix Master's.  I'd buy it for the price alone but I like the sound of the Mix Master's more.  The M50's clamping force was a bit uncomfortable and if you find the Mix Master's uncomfortable, just stuff a couple of cotton balls under the pads and you're good to go.  The M50's get a lot of praise and the Mix Master's are overlooked but it really is a good sounding headphone.  

Overlooked because they are normally double the price. I think Mix Masters would be much more popular at the Aviator price ($150) or a little below.

Quote:
cool, which one leaks more/ isolates better?

The M50 isolated better for me.

Quote:
They are actually kinda sleek for looking bulky. It's one of the cooler looking headphones I think. They are not as big as they look in pictures.

+1, the design is definitely one of the best things about the Mix Master. For what is essentially a full-size headphone they don't look out of place when worn outside

Dec 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #41 of 65
Dec 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #42 of 65
Considering Skullcandy is having a 50% off sale on their site right now with coupon code "redbull50" I pulled the trigger for a pair.

I've been using an HD590 for quite some time now and have not used closed cans for a long time. Excited to try these for $160.

I'm a bit disappointed that these supposedly don't isolate well since I was hoping to use it mainly for long international flights.

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #44 of 65
I took a pair last summer for ~120 € ( around 160 bucks) and they were definitely woth it!
If you like Electronic music and Trance (or anything that needs some vitality in the lowest notes and a smooth treble) these are some really nice celebrity-endorsed cans... In fact, I think the MMM are among the best sounding headphones in this category.

The isolation is quite nice, however they are so flashy that it takes some guts to wear them in public (and mine have a lower-profile black finish). :D

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #45 of 65
Quote:
Would these be a worthy upgrade to the M-Audio Q40? The MMM is on sale for a pretty good price right now. It's the red version though, no black... too Beats-like?

They really won't ever be mistaken for Beats. There's too much Skullcandy badging 
rolleyes.gif

As for the Q40, the MMM offers a more accurate sound if that's what you're seeking. Not an all-around upgrade, but certainly not worse than the Q40. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back