Review: Skullcandy Mix Master – Duality
Jul 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #61 of 65
For fellow Canadians, these are on sale for $99 at Best Buy!

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/skullcandy-skullcandy-mix-master-over-ear-headphones-with-microphone-sc-s6mmfm-003-black-sc-s6mmfm-003/10201634.aspx

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #62 of 65
Watch out, there's a bit of a major design flaw when looking at the headband. Regular use will cause cracks to appear.

SKDY is aware of the issue and will replace any MMM's under warranty with photographic evidence!

Thanks~

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #63 of 65
Hate to bring a post back from the dead after so long, but I picked up a pair of these at Best Buy for 112 bucks and THAT is a BEST BUY!! I was expecting a pretty decent headphone given the unbiased Skullcandy reviews I've seen, but it exceeded my expecations by a pretty fair margain.

I think given the other 299 headphones I have listened to, these would be a good buy in that price range, but at 112 it's just plain theft. They are a very aggressive headphone and they are quite loud. I turn the volume down on my Walkman by 2 notches. There is quite a tremendous amount of detail in these. The lack of space and the tremendous amount of aggression can lead to quicker fatigue though. I can listen to my M80s for longer periods, but if the 2 are sitting side by side on my wall, I'm taking the Skullcandies every time. There is a bit of clamping with these, so that can be troublesome over time, but not too bad. They do pick up nice details in orchestra pieces...although due to the lack of soundstage really aren't best suited for this type of music. But the nice bass definition and punch also make it pretty fun to listen to orechestra pieces. Cello notes have a very nice impact while not impeding on the triangle in the background.

Overall I'm extremely happy I ran into this deal. I went back and picked up the last pair in the city for my son. He's a metal head and these will handle his needs with ease!

Jan 17, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #64 of 65
Hate to bring a post back from the dead after so long, but I picked up a pair of these at Best Buy for 112 bucks and THAT is a BEST BUY!! I was expecting a pretty decent headphone given the unbiased Skullcandy reviews I've seen, but it exceeded my expecations by a pretty fair margain.

I think given the other 299 headphones I have listened to, these would be a good buy in that price range, but at 112 it's just plain theft. They are a very aggressive headphone and they are quite loud. I turn the volume down on my Walkman by 2 notches. There is quite a tremendous amount of detail in these. The lack of space and the tremendous amount of aggression can lead to quicker fatigue though. I can listen to my M80s for longer periods, but if the 2 are sitting side by side on my wall, I'm taking the Skullcandies every time. There is a bit of clamping with these, so that can be troublesome over time, but not too bad. They do pick up nice details in orchestra pieces...although due to the lack of soundstage really aren't best suited for this type of music. But the nice bass definition and punch also make it pretty fun to listen to orechestra pieces. Cello notes have a very nice impact while not impeding on the triangle in the background.

Overall I'm extremely happy I ran into this deal. I went back and picked up the last pair in the city for my son. He's a metal head and these will handle his needs with ease!

That's a nice price. For the comfort I would suggest the cotton earpad "mod" that I posted somewhere in this thread - it really made a difference for me 
wink.gif

Jan 18, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #65 of 65
 I thought I stole mine at $140 shipped. $112...wow. I rolled up small pieces of paper towel and placed em behind the pad making them stand out more. It open the sound up quite a bit. I started with small pieces but ended up using a bunch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back