Review: Skull candy skull crushers
Jan 13, 2010 at 3:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

beamthegreat

500+ Head-Fier
Sorry if my english is a bit weird cause english is my second language, but I'll try to make it sound as natural as possible :p
I know that these giving these headphones to an audiophile is an insult to him/her but I have never seen a review of this headphones before. So.. here it goes:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall 5.5/10

Comfortability: 8.5/10
Sexiness: 0/10
Sound quality: 3.5/10
design: 5/10

First, I must admit that these headphones are very unique, as I have never seen a headphone that includes a bass amplifier before.
I am not an audiophile but I have bought many high end headphones and have many experience with them before.

Sound quality: 3.5/10

The sound quality is decent for its price, it lacks mids, and the highs are not very clear due to the overpowering bass. The bass also sounds muddy and grainy and very loud. You can buy a better headphones at this price but these headphones are not too bad for it's price.

I am confused at how a lot people describe this product as "very high sound quality" or "best headphones in the world" because these are obviously not the best headphones in the world. It may be good for the price but there are a hell-ful of better headphones out there. The sound quality is decent for its price but the Sennheiser Headphones sounds at least 4 times as better.

design: 5/10

The designs look good but if you have long hair, it sometimes pull on your hair when you adjust it. Other than that, I dont see anything bad with the designs. The amplifier battery last for a week which is very great, the cables are thick and bulky but its not that bad and you'll get used to it.

Overall 5.5/10

To conclude with, I dont know if I do not reccomend these headphonesbut if you don't mind about the lack of sound quality and like very loud bass then you should buy them. And if you're upgrading from your apple earphones, this headphones obviously sounds a lot better than your apple earphone.

Thanks for reading my review!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 13, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #3 of 22
Don't agree too much with this IMO.

The bass feels ALL vibration. SQ is about 2.5 ... The bass completely overpowers the mids/highs, but that's okay because they're pretty bad anyway.
tongue.gif

And the amp battery is all annoyance. I only like the pinstripe design.

Overall: 4/10. The K81DJ is SOOOOOO much better.

Never would recommend them. In fact, I feel bad for people who say they're really good
biggrin.gif
But if it makes people happy, then whatever.

And they are so sexy.

Jan 13, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #4 of 22
What? This is not even a headphone. It's a toy. they have no bass, it's just a vibrator. Can people here seriously not tell the difference between bass notes and a servo shaking against their head? Nevermind, I already know the answer to that question.

Jan 13, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by beamthegreat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... very unique...

Impossible.

Jan 13, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #6 of 22
I knew every one in here would say something like that -.-
If you think this is a joke then READ THIS

Jan 13, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

..especially the last one..

Jan 13, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

One of the reviews:

Quote:

im actually listening to these as i type this! these are the GREATEST headphones made!! the bass is INSANE!! its like the speakers in my car!! if you are smart, you would buy these in a second.

confused.gif

Jan 13, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #9 of 22
Personally, I did not think it was a joke. So, assuming it was not, thanks for taking the time to write a review of a headphone made by a manufacturer who is mainly derided on Head-Fi. I personally always like to read reviews, hear new headphones, and keep an open mind.

Welcome to Head-Fi, too.

Jan 13, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

..especially the last one..

Sorry dude I should have also said thanks for the review .. even if I don't like the headphones I always welcome more reviews on head-fi!

Jan 13, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #14 of 22
I loved the sexiness rating of zero...zipo, lol. i'm still laughing at that. Here's my review of these headphones.

Disclaimer: I've never listened to them before but have seen them at Target.

Color rating: Bamb! (you can easily find a pair to match your snowboard)
Ear muff rating: 10 (way better as ear muffs than phones)
Narly, dude?: yes
Comfort to duration ratio: directly proportional. They feel good for the .5 seconds it takes to put them on and realize they sound like your cell phone on vibrate, no fatigue at all for the half second.
Parabolic listening enjoyment decay: 5x^2 + 18x + 27

Summary: Great gift to your teenager step child who hates you.

Jan 13, 2010 at 7:12 AM Post #15 of 22
interesting review.. I like how you reviewed its sexiness and design

i dont understand headphones with all this overpowering bass.. how are you suppose to hear anything above the throbbing in your head?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back