Review: Sennheiser HD 25-1
May 19, 2004 at 7:22 AM Post #16 of 32
Excellent work. Well thought out and well executed. Kudos my dear friend
wink.gif

May 19, 2004 at 7:56 AM Post #17 of 32
Saint.panda, although I don't plan to buy HD-25, I found your review easy to read and very informative in terms of practicability and comparability. I somehow like your "near perfection" style. Keep on! What would be your next review?
wink.gif

May 19, 2004 at 4:41 PM Post #18 of 32
How would the HD 25 compare to the Grado 125 in sound quality only because I figured they'd be in the same price league? What about other open headphones in that price range and is it good for gaming?
I'm really interested in these headphones now
smily_headphones1.gif

May 19, 2004 at 6:13 PM Post #19 of 32
gsferrari and Permonic, thank you for your kind words
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bayerdynamic
How would the HD 25 compare to the Grado 125 in sound quality only because I figured they'd be in the same price league? What about other open headphones in that price range and is it good for gaming?
I'm really interested in these headphones now
smily_headphones1.gif

Bayerdynamic, I have owned the Grado SR 125 but not at the time I wrote the review. From memory, I can only recall that the Grado 125 had the same outstanding midrange like the SR 225 but less bass than the HD 25. I'd say that the SR 125 sounded more musical and at home I chose the SR 125 most of the time despite its subtle bass deficiency.

May 19, 2004 at 6:15 PM Post #20 of 32
Good review, and I agree with most of it.

I do agree with luukas that the cords on my HD25's are quite microphonic. If you touch the cables, or it rubs against stuff, you hear it all. Also, I found the HD25's to be more comfortable than the Grados, because the Grados make my ears sore after an hour, while I can wear the Senns for longer than that without ear pains.

But yes, the HD25's are quite good, and I shall not be getting rid of mine.

May 19, 2004 at 10:02 PM Post #21 of 32
It's about time someone made a review on this phones, i remember searching for info on them and found 3 not very informative threads, thank god you guys are always willing to help.

let's just hope this thread wakes the curiosity on some to buy the HD 25-13.. Bangraman perhaps???
eggosmile.gif

May 19, 2004 at 10:38 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by dillatortilla
It's about time someone made a review on this phones, i remember searching for info on them and found 3 not very informative threads, thank god you guys are always willing to help.

let's just hope this thread wakes the curiosity on some to buy the HD 25-13.. Bangraman perhaps???
eggosmile.gif

For portable use? Taping an RKV onto the headband is not really my style...

May 19, 2004 at 10:57 PM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
Hi Chris,
about the differences: The HD 25-1 is the one I reviewed, the HD 25 is the same thing. The HD 25 SP is a cheaper model. You can find a more detailed explanation in the review somewhere, I think in the "specs and facts" chapter.
I hope you'll like them
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi episiarch, I only audtioned the HD 280 once and didn't really concentrate too much on the sound quality but rather on comfort and isolation.

The HD25SP is totally different than the HD25-1/HD25-13. In comparison, It has different specs (a lot less max SPL) and the sound just sounds different (boomy bass, not so clear and not so balanced) compared to the HD25-1. The HD25-13 has a different impedance (600 ohms) to couple with some studio equipment.

Feb 14, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #26 of 32
Thanks a lot for this trully throughout and perfect review. I am just deciding to finally invest in better portable earphones from my Porta pro, so it really helped me to decide...
smily_headphones1.gif

cheers

Feb 14, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by BadaJr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks a lot for this trully throughout and perfect review. I am just deciding to finally invest in better portable earphones from my Porta pro, so it really helped me to decide...
smily_headphones1.gif

cheers

Four year bump...awesome...proves that search is alive and well.
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its a nice review, very descriptive, in fact a little more then most of the reviews.

Yeah, I must say that with my really low understanding of sound quality, it is too much for me. However, everything else I wanted to read about was there. And it got me into googling/wikipediying a lot of stuff I must admit..
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back