[Review] Sansa Clip+ vs Clip Zip!
Oct 13, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #16 of 22
  I'm talking (hah!) about full cast audio stories though, so 192 is really the minimum.  I did have them all as m4b (the official itunes audiobook format)but sadly rockbox doesn't support it, so had to do a batch convert (ouch).

So moral of the story there is to buy a couple now for storage!

Full cast????? With music?

Buying a few Clip+ players might be a good idea, however don't buy too many, as the battery capacity will decrease over time even if they are not used.
I guess some might suggest sealing them well in plastic bags to keep out the moisture, then putting them in the  refrigerator. 
Don't freeze them, as that might destroy the battery. Make sure the part of the refrigerator you put them will not freeze.
I don't have my spare players in the fridge. They are at room temperature. I only have a small number of spares. 

Oct 13, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #17 of 22
I wrote Sandisk this month and they said "Our Sansa Clip+ and Clip Zip both are being manufactured currently." How long that will continue to be true I don't know.

As for SD card size - if I can get it all to fit why not? I don't see any point of not having everything I own available at all times. I really don't see what the "charge cycle" has to do with it - I'm not going to change music every time I charge it. (I used to deal with that when I had a 2GB Cowon G3, and it sucked.)

I probably spend over 60% of my listening time listening to my favorite 20% of the music I have. The next 20% of my music library might get around 30% of my listening time. That is when I have my complete music library available. So having  my favorite 40% or so of my music library with me in a portable player is more than enough. Even having just my favorite 20% of my music library with me in a portable player is satisfying. I'm not one who feels an obsessive need to have "ALL" my music with me when I am moving around.

Oct 13, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #18 of 22

Buying a few Clip+ players might be a good idea, however don't buy too many, as the battery capacity will decrease over time even if they are not used.
I guess some might suggest sealing them well in plastic bags to keep out the moisture, then putting them in the  refrigerator. 
Don't freeze them, as that might destroy the battery. Make sure the part of the refrigerator you put them will not freeze.
I don't have my spare players in the fridge. They are at room temperature. I only have a small number of spares. 

bigfinish.com should give you an idea of the sort of stuff I listen to on a regular basis.  Sci-fi mainly with some comedy thrown in.

Oct 26, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #19 of 22

Yeah, thanx for the following advice:

... sealing  them well in plastic bags to keep out the moisture, then putting them in the  refrigerator. 
Don't  
deadhorse.gif
freeze them, as that might destroy the battery.
Make sure the part of the refrigerator you put them will not freeze.
I don't have my spare players in the fridge. They are at room temperature. 

I've heard that people put their batteries in the refrigerator when they don't use them for a long time.

Nov 28, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #21 of 22
I (and others) have been using the 128 microsdxc card in the clip plus (No idea bout the zip) for a while now.  No concerns about battery (particularly if you rockbox it).

Nov 28, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #22 of 22
Some search fatigue questions. Can rockboxing one of these be done on a Mac?

Does it perform well with an amp?

Currently using a jds labs c5 with etymotic er4p's and plan on jogging with the clip with some porta pros.

I remember reading that it doesn't drive the porta pros on its own very well. True?

Am I correct to assume it won't play apple lossless (m4a) files?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back