Review: RIVA Turbo X High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker – Plus Headquarters Tour
Jul 10, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #91 of 234
Jul 10, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #93 of 234
I got black

I got white. Quite apple-esque, even though I don't like them. I do like the colouring. Figured it was more mainstream premium looking since it's not rugged at all. Plus white does well outside not attracting heat.

Jul 10, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #95 of 234
Ya I bet the white looks good. The black will just look better for my setup for when I use it as a TV speaker.

It so does. I agree, better black with your setup. 

Jul 10, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #96 of 234
I got black

Nice!

Don't worry about the Turbo X attracting heat (perhaps unless you live in 118 degree Palm Springs, California type of weather), but in my experience I haven't had any issues at all regarding heat when I use my Black Turbo X for hours outside.

Jul 10, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #97 of 234
Nice!

Don't worry about the Turbo X attracting heat (perhaps unless you live in 118 degree Palm Springs, California type of weather), but in my experience I haven't had any issues at all regarding heat when I use my Black Turbo X for hours outside.

Haha. That's exactly where I live (Palm Desert actually). But I didn't get it for outside anyways.

Jul 14, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #100 of 234
I hope you will do a review when it comes, even a few choice comments.

Sure. I've he it for a few days now and I love it. I am by no means an "audiophile" but I do like music to sound good. To me it's great. I've been moving from room to room throughout the day and that's the best part. It so easy to just move around.
I also have been using for TV. Regular TV shows just sound whatever but there was a movie on earlier today and man it sounded great. Really improved on the normal sound from my tv.
To me the bass is actually pretty darn good and the clarity is great.
If you specific questions let me know.
But overall I absolutely love it.

Jul 25, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #101 of 234
I received my Turbo X yesterday, and wow! To be honest, I was not expecting this speaker to live up to significant hype that it has garnered among enthusiasts. Happily, my pessimism proved baseless. The Turbo X is truly an exquisite piece of kit, both aesthetically and sonically. Considering CEO Donald North's considerable design expertise, I can't say that I'm surprised. I am, however, finding myself routinely shocked by the high quality and coherence of the Turbo X's presentation.

Later, as I grow more accustomed to the Turbo X's sound, I may post some more of my thoughts/impressions on here. In the meantime, I'd be happy to answer any questions that prospective buyers may have. At this early stage, however, I have no reservations about offering a hearty "well done" to RIVA Audio! My expectations have been quite thoroughly exceeded. Personally, I'd love to see what Don and his team could do in the desktop realm. I suspect that a 2.0/2.1 system with the Turbo X's sound signature would be quite spectacular. Give me an excuse to ditch my Klipsch ProMedia system, I beg you! 
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #102 of 234
I suspect that a 2.0/2.1 system with the Turbo X's sound signature would be quite spectacular. Give me an excuse to ditch my Klipsch ProMedia system, I beg you! 
biggrin.gif

Two JBL LSR 305's, and a Presonus Temblor T10 sub. That was my upgrade to my promedia. It is quite the change too.

Jul 25, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #103 of 234
One, thanks for taking time to keep this thread alive. Second, now that is a great first impression to add to other comments made. Have you had any problem with the connectivity or set-up?

Jul 25, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #104 of 234
   Two JBL LSR 305's, and a Presonus Temblor T10 sub. That was my upgrade to my promedia. It is quite the change too.

Interesting, I'll have to look into those components. Thanks for the tip, man! 
smile.gif

One, thanks for taking time to keep this thread alive. Second, now that is a great first impression to add to other comments made. Have you had any problem with the connectivity or set-up?

Thanks, it's my pleasure! The OP's write-up is spectacular, so we'd all be remiss if we let this post slip too far away from page one. 
wink.gif

As for setup, I did have a bit of trouble getting the battery charged up yesterday. I didn't realize that the battery switch needed to be pushed on before it would accept a charge. 
redface.gif
 That was a bit of misunderstanding on my part, though. Other than that minor bother, the entire experience of using the Turbo X has been totally seamless. The interface is quite intuitive, as high-end Bluetooth speakers go, and connectivity is exemplary. I can place the Turbo X anywhere in my condo, and the signal quality does not suffer. Can't ask for much more than that!

Jul 25, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #105 of 234

Interesting, I'll have to look into those components. Thanks for the tip, man! 
smile.gif

Yup, the whole setup will cost you around $500, but it hits WELL above its price point. I will never spend anymore on speakers or go any further with what I have due to headphones being way better for the price as well as it just sounding that great. The only thing I would change is the DAC. I bought some XLR cables and stands for the setup too. I'd recommend it to everyone. The JBL LSR305's can be gotten at Guitar Center, then the sub at ProAudioStar. I got mine new for $269 I think? NEW. Not used. The JBL's were $112.50 each. Maybe you can get PaS to give you a deal on all 3. That's just how I did it. I got a steal too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back