Review: RIVA Turbo X High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker – Plus Headquarters Tour
Jan 4, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #226 of 234

Shipping forwarder.  I used one to ship a Japanese G-Shock (a model that was Japanese sold-only) to my home in the USA - only took 5 days!

That's an awesome suggestion, returns could be a bit of a stickler. The major limitation is the requirement to provide export documentation, something the original shipper won't include for a domestic shipment. They may also open the package to determine its legality, something one would have to live with.

That said, the freight forwarding quote for a Turbo X size package was $35 via DHL and $14 via USPS. Via USPS my total would have been $175 US ($233 CDN) plus shipping fee from Riva to my faux US address, if any. I paid $311 CDN vs. $230-250 using the forwarder. I'm not sure it's worth it in all situations.

www.shipito.com
http://www.usgobuy.com

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #227 of 234

That's an awesome suggestion, returns could be a bit of a stickler. The major limitation is the requirement to provide export documentation, something the original shipper won't include for a domestic shipment. They may also open the package to determine its legality, something one would have to live with.

That said, the freight forwarding quote for a Turbo X size package was $35 via DHL and $14 via USPS. Via USPS my total would have been $175 US ($233 CDN) plus shipping fee from Riva to my faux US address, if any. I paid $311 CDN vs. $230-250 using the forwarder. I'm not sure it's worth it in all situations.

www.shipito.com
http://www.usgobuy.com

Definitely not worth it in all situations, but for this specific situation, I would say it is totally worth it, in my opinion.

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #228 of 234
The forwardung service from Japan is great but the American ones seem to have loads of horrible reviews. Too bad. I hope that one of my US friends can forward it to me otherwise I'd have to pass, which is incredibly sad as I'd love to own these.

Riva, why don't you offer shipping abroad? Not judging, just asking :)

EDIT: bought them anyway and had them sent to a friend living in the USA, she can foward them to me. Very excited. Hope international shipping won't cost me a fortune :)!

Mar 14, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #229 of 234
Here's a campaign RIVA is having until 3/20/17:

Enter to win one of two RIVA TURBO X's!

Just search "RIVA Audio" in Facebook for the post and directions on your chance to win!

Jun 14, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #230 of 234
Just bought a second Riva Turbo X for 117 € from alternate.de that's including shipping, PayPal fees and 19 % tax here in Germany
Gonna use them driven by Mojo, with a 3.5 mm stereo to 2x 3.5mm mono cable.

Gonna report back.

Jun 27, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #231 of 234
Hmm got my cables today, and it's not working!

Have Mojo connected to two Rivas via a 3.5 stereo to dual 3.5 mono and the white connector isn't working. Have two cables... Same results... Strangely it seems like the red connector is transporting both channels, so maybe the cables are a scam... Did anyone try this and got a proper two channel setup?

Cheers

Jun 27, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #232 of 234
Hmm got my cables today, and it's not working!

Have Mojo connected to two Rivas via a 3.5 stereo to dual 3.5 mono and the white connector isn't working. Have two cables... Same results... Strangely it seems like the red connector is transporting both channels, so maybe the cables are a scam... Did anyone try this and got a proper two channel setup?

Cheers
I use a 3.5mm splitter, with two 3.5mm to 3.5mm cables to connect two RIVA speakers together.

The Mojo may not have sufficient power to power both of the RIVAs to full volume.

Try the cables that I specified first, then upgrade to a more powerful device to power the two RIVAs to full volume sufficiently, alternatively.

Jun 28, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #233 of 234
Thanks for the input.

I tried using both cables from both headphone outputs, and this worked.
I probably should disable surround and test later with well know tracks.

Cheers

Jun 28, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #234 of 234
Thanks for the input.

I tried using both cables from both headphone outputs, and this worked.
I probably should disable surround and test later with well know tracks.

Cheers
Glad you got it working! Let us know how it sounds tandem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back