[REVIEW] Rhapsodio RDB+ V1 Hybrid (2BA + Dynamic driver)
Jul 19, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #107 of 129
Thanx..

Jul 19, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #108 of 129
I totally agree with Sly!
We have also talked a bit about before!

And my rdb + v1 are quite impressive!

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #109 of 129
Thank you Fab...
smile.gif

Jul 19, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #111 of 129
Hey!.... there's the whole "tellement nomades" crew here?....:)

Oct 17, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #114 of 129
  How does the v1 Mini compare to SM64, FA-4E XB and ASG-2?

I've only heard ASG-2 out of those above.

The v1 Mini leans cooler and transparent over ASG-2,  with a slightly V shaped signature. if you've ever heard  R-50 or DBA-02 v1 Mini's midrange tonality and weight "kind of" leans nearing that direction backed up by the DD. ASG-2 is much thicker and throaty compared with forward mids and intimate vocals. I think where they can compete on similar technical levels is soundstage width and overall coherency. But they're really almost complete opposites of each other overall in signature. I could of purchased ASG-2 but the mid-bass bloat was to much and I lean for transparency over that thickness ASG-2 offers (preference) 

Btw: The RDB v1 Mini I have now sounds quite a bit different  (better) than the pair in this review....

Oct 17, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #115 of 129
H20, I think the old model is the RDB+ v1 and the new model is just RDB v1 (no plus). Rhapsodio really need to come with some new names and it really gets confusing with the RDB+ v1, RDB v1 and RDB 2v1. 

Oct 17, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #116 of 129
  H20, I think the old model is the RDB+ v1 and the new model is just RDB v1 (no plus). Rhapsodio really need to come with some new names and it really gets confusing with the RDB+ v1, RDB v1 and RDB 2v1. 

Thanks,  so many different models. Reminds me when Colorfly already had their C4 unit then brought out CK4 which caused lots of confusion.
To top it off both C4 and CK4 share the same DAC, which sent people into thinking they were the same thing and CK4  would sound the same. 

Anyway here's a photo of the v1 Mini.

Oct 17, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #117 of 129
H20, nice picture, what cable you use with your v1?
wink.gif

Oct 17, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #119 of 129

Thanks,  so many different models. Reminds me when Colorfly already had their C4 unit then brought out CK4 which caused lots of confusion.
To top it off both C4 and CK4 share the same DAC, which sent people into thinking they were the same thing and CK4  would sound the same. 

Anyway here's a photo of the v1 Mini.

Are those the "Heir" tips? 
I find those the best with the 1plus2 followed by the Ortofon. 

Oct 17, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #120 of 129
  H20, nice picture, what cable you use with your v1?
wink.gif

7N OFHC Silver Plated, just arrived yesterday.
smile.gif
 Before that I was using some mystery Rhapsodio cable that was blue in colour. 
I cannot work out what metals are used in this blue cable below, but it damn sounds like silver to me? Maybe Lin knows, he was on the tour. 

Has large airy soundstage and made the mids sound thin but well detailed and was rather bass light. When I first plugged the new SPC cable in it took a while adjusting, I had to second guess I was actually upgrading for an hour over the blue cable but the SPC certainly makes the mids thicker and expresses better bass impact.

If you ever get a chance to try one of these mystery cables I recommend doing so....

Are those the "Heir" tips? 
I find those the best with the 1plus2 followed by the Ortofon. 

Yes they're, I can get them for about $1.00 a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back