REVIEW: Renkforce/Yoga CD-340: FA-006 rebrand now a CRAZY $13! (Rise of the Rebrands pt. 1)
Jul 23, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:
I didn't notice much of a change after burn-in, but they still sound great to my ears. Excellent gaming cans as well because of their soundstage and positioning. 

EDIT:

These are now $12,50 from the Conrad webstore.
Every EU Head-Fi'er should get one of these now. No excuses. This is an excellent headphone and, for $12,50, is now THE bang for your buck contender. 

VERY TRUE!!!

Get these now people!!!!!

Jul 24, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #17 of 23
Heh, the real deal here to me is MC Crypt DJ-50 (HM3/FA-004..) at 12,95€ ($16). I'm so glad I was savvy enough to buy it along!

As said Renkforce is lacking the bass, boosting or better fit doesn't matter, it's pretty poor. Also there's something wonky in the sound that I can't quite grasp, maybe it's just the thinness..

Now DJ-50 is completely another thing, bass is excellent (no boost required which is rare for me), sound is more open, comfort is excellent, so lightweight/small, nothing poor really stands out.. I'm sure both these cans are covered over and over in all the Fischer/Brainwavz/Incipio/whatever threads so I'm going to leave it at that. Definitely going to keep these for portable use etc and instead dump my XB700's under a car.

Only negative is the foul toxic smelling pleather pads. 
biggrin.gif
Gotta dump them into some vinegar.. maybe I'll get some Beyer pads as someone did..

edit: These are just immediate impressions, which is always a bad idea.. so take if with grain of salt.

edit2: I just found out that the other FA-004 clone Ace MP-68 was on sale here locally for a whopping 9,90€. Might as well have a spare one so I ordered it.
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:
Heh, the real deal here to me is MC Crypt DJ-50 (HM3/FA-004..) at 12,95€ ($16). I'm so glad I was savvy enough to buy it along!

As said Renkforce is lacking the bass, boosting or better fit doesn't matter, it's pretty poor. Also there's something wonky in the sound that I can't quite grasp, maybe it's just the thinness..

Now DJ-50 is completely another thing, bass is excellent (no boost required which is rare for me), sound is more open, comfort is excellent, so lightweight/small, nothing poor really stands out.. I'm sure both these cans are covered over and over in all the Fischer/Brainwavz/Incipio/whatever threads so I'm going to leave it at that. Definitely going to keep these for portable use etc and instead dump my XB700's under a car.

Only negative is the foul toxic smelling pleather pads. 
biggrin.gif
Gotta dump them into some vinegar.. maybe I'll get some Beyer pads as someone did..

edit: These are just immediate impressions, which is always a bad idea.. so take if with grain of salt.

edit2: I just found out that the other FA-004 clone Ace MP-68 was on sale here locally for a whopping 9,90€. Might as well have a spare one so I ordered it.
biggrin.gif

The CD-340 is not for bassheads but people that like the ATH-AD700 will like it. The DJ-50 indeed is another Yoga rebrand. The same headphone as the Brainwavz HM3. For 10 bucks, this is a no-brainer. I ordered it. :)

Jul 25, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #19 of 23
I haven't heard AD700, but coming from Grados the bass is definitely a step forward. I think I almost like them more than my HM5 recently got. Almost, I often listen to pretty vocal-heavy music and the recessed mids really hinder the experience. For example Nick Cave and PJ Harvey seem to be the worst as they are just on the edges: their lower/higher vocals sound just right, but most of the vocals get overshadowed by other frequencies. I absolutely love the highs and lows tho.

Aug 29, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #22 of 23
Does anyone know what kind of earpads fit these? I'm looking for velour or softer (p)leather pads in order to improve (horrific) comfort. I like their sound more than HM5's, but right now even the donut-padded grados are more comfortable.

E: I don't know if these are perfect fit for my head or something, but all the low grumbles these are able to produce keep amazing me. I refuse to call them bass-light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back