Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jul 9, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #5,101 of 7,140
Thankfully when I saw them in Milwaukee third row Center I was Stone Cold Sober.

I see you need to EQ the album. That was the one disappointment regarding the band. They never figured out digital recording. Their vinyl stuff from back in the day had way more dynamics and overall punch than they do in digital (my opinion based in my ears). Looks like you are having a good weekend...

Jul 9, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #5,102 of 7,140
I see you need to EQ the album. That was the one disappointment regarding the band. They never figured out digital recording. Their vinyl stuff from back in the day had way more dynamics and overall punch than they do in digital (my opinion based in my ears). Looks like you are having a good weekend...

My Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7GMs are V shaped, so I do an upside down V.

Jul 9, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #5,103 of 7,140
Band: Porcupine Tree
Album: Coma Devine Live
Song: Radioactive Toy

Very Pink Floyd like

Band: Ozric Tentacles
Album: Waterfall Cities
Song: Coily

Jul 9, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #5,104 of 7,140
I thought the 2015 remasters had a little more dynamics than the 2011 24/96 remasters. Am I wrong?

Jul 9, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #5,105 of 7,140
10,000 Maniacs
Our Time in Eden
Song: Candy Everybody Wants

Jul 9, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #5,106 of 7,140
I thought the 2015 remasters had a little more dynamics than the 2011 24/96 remasters. Am I wrong?

I never gave the more recent remasters a listen. I have the original CD release and that is it. If I still had a vinyl rig I would rip the albums I do have to DSD, but for now I am steering clear of turntables. (I still have young kids)

Jul 9, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #5,108 of 7,140
I never gave the more recent remasters a listen. I have the original CD release and that is it. If I still had a vinyl rig I would rip the albums I do have to DSD, but for now I am steering clear of turntables. (I still have young kids)

2112 and Hemispheres on Vinyl my favourite sounding Rush albums. Had a whole lot of hires remasters given to me, original poor sounding ones like Presto and Roll The Bones do sound better.

Jul 9, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #5,109 of 7,140
2112 and Hemispheres on Vinyl my favourite sounding Rush albums. Had a whole lot of hires remasters given to me, original poor sounding ones like Presto and Roll The Bones do sound better.

I will have to check out the newer remastered stuff. There is a very stark contrast between the vinyl and digital.

Jul 10, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #5,113 of 7,140
@denydog, I'll be not too far away from Santorini Island in the near future to wrestle at Worlds.

I listened to QP1R on the porch of this cabin at the edge of Shawnee National Forest in Southern Illinois. We come every summer. Pounds Hollow swimming hole (small lake) is a mile down the road. Southern Illinois is one of my favorite places on Earth. Very few people here. Solitude!
Nice, beautiful pics!

Another jam session.
Very cool. The Audio Technica ATH-DSR9BT is pretty legit, you should listen to it if you haven't. One of my Audio Technica current favorites.
Band: Approaching Dawn
Album: Evolution of Reality
Song: Copy of a Space

Death Contest is another brutally awesome metal track on this album.
I deliver mail to their drummer, Patrick.
All added to the playlist!
10,000 Maniacs
Our Time in Eden
Song: Candy Everybody Wants
Added!
Many thanks to Alan Lin from Questyle for responding so quickly to my request and sending me a couple of wheel skins all the way from the US to the UK, Massive improvement to the wheel performance. Top man, great service!
He's a great friend and an awesome person! @Netforce's the man!
Love Rush. YYZ and Xanadu off Exit Stage Left sounds incredible on the QP1R. Takes Neil Peart's drum solos to another level, like 11 :ksc75smile:
Added!

Jul 10, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #5,114 of 7,140
I'm not very good with a tablet camera, but took the QP1R for a walk this morning.

9934479_l.jpg

Jul 10, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #5,115 of 7,140

Users who are viewing this thread

Back