Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jul 9, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #5,086 of 7,140
Really enjoyed my relative's iBasso IT03 with the QP1R the other day. That was one of the favorites of my friends of the day, as I brought over a bunch of IEMs (so I could use the time there to get some reviews published, or at least get feedback and thoughts on their favorites).

Hopefully the IT04 will be exhibited at CanJam London...we shall see!

IT03: smooth, with a delightfully warm-balanced sound
IMG_1452.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #5,087 of 7,140
It's a beautiful morning on Santorini Island. I consider it a luxery to have 400+ GB of music on the QP1R. Hi-Rez on card one, and everything else on card two for the most part, with some Hi-Rez overflow. I would miss the 2nd card badly if I had a QP2R. Trying to decide what to listen to by the pool today. I'll let you know.

Jul 9, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #5,088 of 7,140
It's a beautiful morning on Santorini Island. I consider it a luxery to have 400+ GB of music on the QP1R. Hi-Rez on card one, and everything else on card two for the most part, with some Hi-Rez overflow. I would miss the 2nd card badly if I had a QP2R. Trying to decide what to listen to by the pool today. I'll let you know.
Ooh, now that is nice!! Please, pictures of the island area (and your rig you'll listen to, if you'd like). :grinning:

Jul 9, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #5,089 of 7,140
PM sent to me:

Darren
I see you got some bull **** slung at your feet for having the nerve to ask a question. I cant for the life of me figure out why some of these "adults" act like my kids (aged 4-10) do when they haven't had a decent nap. It makes this forum unbearable at times and I too have thought about moving on more than once. At least I have come across some decent folk who seem genuinely interested in passing on info or exchanging ideas freely and without condition.

I wont bother to make excuses for the jackassery that is far too common here, but instead I will thank you for helping me when I had a question regarding your experiences on the topic I was interested in. And regarding that, I have purchased another Chord Mojo (sold one last winter) and once the Poly wireless streaming add on is available, I will purchase that too (well not until the gotta have it now crowd pick it apart,or suck it off). I decided against another DAP since I already have 3.

Thanks again and I hope your weekend finishes better than it started,

Remaining relaxed, not getting excited, being curteous, and lacking rudeness...that's my way! QP1R makes me this way. Music is supposed to calm the savage soul, that's why we humans listen to it.

Jul 9, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #5,090 of 7,140
I listened to QP1R on the porch of this cabin at the edge of Shawnee National Forest in Southern Illinois. We come every summer. Pounds Hollow swimming hole (small lake) is a mile down the road. Southern Illinois is one of my favorite places on Earth. Very few people here. Solitude!
20170708_170847.jpg
20170708_203401.jpg

Jul 9, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #5,092 of 7,140
Hi,
Mine still could not power up the unit. Tried all tasks and still would not boot up. I think my unit is completely dead. Warranty is over already.
Probably will look into new DX200.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to send it back to Questyle for a new battery?

Jul 9, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #5,094 of 7,140
Remaining relaxed, not getting excited, being curteous, and lacking rudeness...that's my way! QP1R makes me this way. Music is supposed to calm the savage soul, that's why we humans listen to it.
Many nights I've suffered from fits of depression, usually from negative feedback with my own thoughts. A couple of hours with a latenight coffee and music does indeed restore some balance.

Jul 9, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #5,095 of 7,140
The first music selection today was Hugh Masekela - Hope, to go with the book I am reading, Trevor Noah - Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood. It's a very interesting read.

Didn't get the Santorini photo today. Went instead to a local hospital to get a broken wrist, and elbow bone taken care of from a fall last week. You have to watch your step around those archaeological sites. At least it was nothing serious, like someone's percieved rudness over some inconseqential matter.

Jul 9, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #5,096 of 7,140
20170709_152945.jpg
20170709_152915.jpg

Another jam session.

Jul 9, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #5,098 of 7,140
I've seen Rush a few times live. Moving Pictures tour was one of those times. If I could go back and tell my 17 year old self anything (like I would have listened) it would be "hey idiot, don't get so wasted that you couldn't recall how awesome Neil Peart's drum solo was"

Thankfully when I saw them in Milwaukee third row Center I was Stone Cold Sober.

Jul 9, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #5,100 of 7,140
Band: Approaching Dawn
Album: Evolution of Reality
Song: Copy of a Space

Death Contest is another brutally awesome metal track on this album.
I deliver mail to their drummer, Patrick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back