Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jan 8, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #3,902 of 7,140
I am using 3.5mm to compare. To me, WM1A is warm with less detail. I do not understand of vocal is dry but I hear the 's' is more pronounce in QP1R than WM1A. Is that mean the vocal is dry?

if you try 4.4mm it will be great. s is sibilance ? dry vocal to me means feeling non sweetness/emotional when listening.

qp1r has better low frequency impact and it is real quality slam. wm1a seems to elevate the low bass to slightly upper frequency. some song may sound weird

qp1r's instrument hit accuracy is really awesome and something unique that you cant find it even on lpg (ak380 maybe).

Jan 8, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #3,903 of 7,140
My 's' is not sibilance. I can hear every words from the singer very clearly from QP1R but Sony seems to restrain abit on the 's' with words that end with 's'. QP1R is really a great dap which i prefer it over sony WM1A.

I agree with erictioh that QP1R is great with instruments and the bass slam. It is really fantastic and awesome!

Never try LPG and AK380 before.

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #3,905 of 7,140
Jan 8, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #3,906 of 7,140
  I would be very surprised if there was a better sounding DAP out there for under £1k. YMMV

Why the qualifier? 
wink_face.gif

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #3,908 of 7,140
  Anyone use QP1R EQ for use with Oppo PM-3? Please share EQ settings applied and favorite music genres. Thank you.

Hi, I have the QP1R and PM-3 also. I messed around with the EQ settings but I didn't really like it so left it without in the end. I probably did something round but it just sounded a bit muffled to me when using the EQ and crystal clear without. Others may have had different results.

Jan 9, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #3,910 of 7,140
Anybody knows, if the Via Blue mini jack, or the switchcraft mini jack, fit the headphone in of the QP1R?
http://cdn.head-fi.org/e/ed/edaa4352_P1070890w.jpg
(And if not, does anybody have a good recommendation for a mini jack, that fits the headphone in good, so leverage effects are reduced to a minimum)?
Thanks for reply!

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #3,911 of 7,140
Anybody knows, if the Via Blue mini jack, or the switchcraft mini jack, fit the headphone in of the QP1R?
http://cdn.head-fi.org/e/ed/edaa4352_P1070890w.jpg
(And if not, does anybody have a good recommendation for a mini jack, that fits the headphone in good, so leverage effects are reduced to a minimum)?
Thanks for reply!

yes it does. I just recently received a cable from BTG Audio with the Via blue connector to go with my 846's but I sent it back for a right angle instead. I didn't like how the cable stuck out off the QP1R (I commute everyday to NYC so I like my gear to be as incognito as possible).

and I guess this is now my first public post! 

Just want to say this board is awesome and guys like Moedawg were extremely helpful with their posts regarding Sensaphonics and the QP1R and headphone pairings. Right now my current rig is Sensaphonics full sleeves/ SE846s > Moon Audio Black Dragon cable > QP1R and I couldn't be happier. I was planning on posting some of my findings/opinions in the coming days but I figured I'd answer your question Bambule since I literally just sent the Via Blue cable back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back