Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Dec 17, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #3,841 of 7,140
Thanks very much for the answer from all you guys, the QP1R and all my memory cards are at work now and I'm at home between shifts so I'll have another go when I get back on shift in around 11hrs. I was using a 128gb card and a new 64gb card and the 2 different W10 PCs I was working with were both offering me only 2 format options for them, either EXFAT or NTFS. I'll have to work out how to tell them (or one of them) I want FAT32.

Try using the QP1R itself to format your selected card. Let us know how it goes!

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #3,842 of 7,140
Success! I found 2 low-capacity cards which allowed me to format in FAT32. One of them didn't work as it had a DCIM file header which kept reappearing after deletion and formatting several times-resilient little swine! The other 4gb card worked perfectly first time, so I've put it in the carry case with the QP1R in case i need it again. And now I have Artist-Album file play on my QP1R so I'm a very happy bunny.

Thanks to Moedawg and everyone for your help!

Dec 17, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #3,844 of 7,140
Hey moedawg140, remember my sons band "bob Fossil" ? You can vote for them on the northwest music scene top ten list here:
http://www.northwestmusicscene.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/BNrgP1480403464.jpg
Cheers!

Dec 18, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #3,848 of 7,140
Success! I found 2 low-capacity cards which allowed me to format in FAT32. One of them didn't work as it had a DCIM file header which kept reappearing after deletion and formatting several times-resilient little swine! The other 4gb card worked perfectly first time, so I've put it in the carry case with the QP1R in case i need it again. And now I have Artist-Album file play on my QP1R so I'm a very happy bunny.

Thanks to Moedawg and everyone for your help!

Good stuff, and very happy for you!

Hey moedawg140, remember my sons band "bob Fossil" ? You can vote for them on the northwest music scene top ten list here:
http://www.northwestmusicscene.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/BNrgP1480403464.jpg
Cheers!

http://www.northwestmusicscene.net/northwest-music-scene-readers-poll-live-voting-for-top-10-albums-of-2016/

Bob Fossil's American Hippo is one of my favorite albums of 2016 for sure, and I voted!

Sorry about the little OT excursion guys... it's my boy!

Not OT at all, especially when it's about your son! Hopefully he can come to the next SF Meet!

Dec 24, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #3,850 of 7,140
After ripping all of my CDs to FLAC files using the metadata provided by dBpoweramp Music Converter, the albums are in folders labeled with the individual artists, but each FLAC file is labeled first with the name of the artist followed by a dash then the song name so that on the QP1R the titles need to scoll and it is so slow that it is frustrating selecting specific songs. Is there a work around other than having to cut the artist name shorter for thousands of files??
Is there just a song view?

See photos
[/IMG]

Dec 24, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #3,852 of 7,140
Just change the name in the metadata with mp3tag and leave the file name unchanged. The QP1R gets the name from the metadata, not the file name I believe.

When burning a FLAC with DBpoweramp, you can specify how to name the file, so that the FLAC is burned with the file names the way you want them, which also show up in the metadata.

Dec 24, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #3,853 of 7,140
Just change the name in the metadata with mp3tag and leave the file name unchanged. The QP1R gets the name from the metadata, not the file name I believe.

When burning a FLAC with DBpoweramp, you can specify how to name the file, so that the FLAC is burned with the file names the way you want them, which also show up in the metadata.

If you search for audio "by Folder" then the QP1R will display each song by its filename. Otherwise, the QP1R will index and display songs by their metadata which can be altered best with MP3Tag.

Foobar2000 can re-code songs to different file containers too and will allow you to specify the format of the filename. Just thought I throw out another converter.

Dec 25, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #3,854 of 7,140
I have hundreds of files on the QP1R so can I change the metadata with mp3tag on multiple files directly on the QP1R all at once with this software or will I need to do a tedious one by one redo of all individual files?

Dec 25, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #3,855 of 7,140
I have hundreds of files on the QP1R so can I change the metadata with mp3tag on multiple files directly on the QP1R all at once with this software or will I need to do a tedious one by one redo of all individual files?

With MP3Tag installed on your PC, You go into Windows Explorer and select all of your music folders. Right click them and select MP3Tag. Select them all in MP3tag by hitting CTRL A on your keyboard. Now right click the selection and select extended tags. A box appears with the metadata fields. In this box, any changes you make will be applied to all the files you selected. If you delete a tag, it will be deleted on all of them.

If you want to change a name that is unique to each music file, you will have to do them one at a time. If I wanted to change the name to all the music files, I would use DBPoweramp Batch converter. With that you can select all the music files, select to encode them as new FLAC or whatever files in a different location and you can select the format of the name. This would be very quick and you could just replace the old named FLAC files with the new named FLAC folders in Windows Explorer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back