Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Oct 20, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #331 of 7,140
I will try to explain, monkey is when you see something really special ,like a new DAP or a super headphone and you desire that thing at the point that you may do crazy thing until you have it, i know is strange and a curious way of live ,but we are italians, and sometimes we Made strange thing, thanks Moe for the suggestion i will follow your advice

Maybe, like an adiction? 'Monkey on my back?'
Shoulda read to bottom of the page.

Oct 20, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #332 of 7,140
Oct 20, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #334 of 7,140
The Right interpetation of the monkey, is , when you loose the control of your actions, so anybody can't stop you to do everything, like for example, buy the most expensive AMP of the world , in this case i really love the monkey:D

Oct 20, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #335 of 7,140
I thought I had switched to a Zoo thread by mistake :). You guys, its a great hangout here.

Any news on a UK distributer yet? I know its on Amazon via Germany but only in silver. Sure Quesytyle said at Canjam they were speaking to a British seller?

Oct 20, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #336 of 7,140
  Hi ZappaZappaZappa, i sent Questyle asking for this information and here is their reply......hope this helps.

Dear Rob,

Thank you so much for your e-mail and interest in QP1R . Our UK distirbutor is just finally confirmed. Matt will support you shortly.

The distributor information is as follows:

Company name : SCV Distribution
Contact person : Matt Esau
e-mail : mesau@scvdistribution.co.uk

Dear Matt,

Could you please kindly support Rob to by QP1R?  The package information for QP1R is 10 pcs/ carton.

1 carton :   9kgs.

Looking forward to your great help .

Best regards

Olina Wu
International Marketing Manager
Questyle Audio Technology Co.Ltd 
Mobile:86-13928409376
Phone:86-755-82835670-809
Fax:86-755-82842083
Email: olina.wu@questyleaudio.com  olinawu@126.com
Web:    www.questyleaudio.com
Twitter:  www.twitter.com/QuestyleAudio  Or @QuestyleAudio
wechat : olina78

Questyle Audio,China
Add: Room No.804,Block B,Jialinhaoting,No.2001,Shennan Road ,Shenzhen,China

Questyle Audio , USA
8825 Urbana Ave. Arleta, California, 91331 USA

Had this reply.

Oct 20, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #337 of 7,140
Thanks Zappa, never heard of them, but:

"SCV Distribution is a TRADE ONLY distributor/wholesaler. We supply to many Pro Audio and Musical Instrument stores throughout the UK and Ireland. We do not sell direct to the public"

So maybe some stores soon have stock?

Oct 20, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #338 of 7,140
So far on charge only mode (I have yet to verify with sync and charge mode), the Now Playing list will be reset, ie. I have to select play by songs or other options again.

My setting is shuffle and by location. Is there option I missed that enable it to continue from last played locations? It will work if it is just typical manual shut down or boot up.

If you are charging via computer USB, the "Update Media Library" setting (in "System Settings") may be set to "Auto" which will cause the media library to update every time you disconnect. 

Oct 20, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #339 of 7,140
good day I have read with great interest all that pertains to this DAP, but there is one thing that cost me understand how can a DAP with 40mw (32ohms) drive such a wide variety of headphones, including HE1000?

It's about current, the QP1R can put out an amp of current, which is quite beyond most portables.

Oct 21, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #341 of 7,140
How funny how the monkey converts so aptly here from Italian to English yet still meant seemingly completely different things hahaha...

Loving the QP1R as a digital transport, so smooth! FWIW, to my ears, whilst you do lose a bit of top and bottom extension that the internal amp provides, you also lose (which I didn't know was there to begin with, so shows how nominal this is!) some brashness in the sound...

Definitely NOT criticising the HO of the Questyle, it is second to none, especially at the price point it is offered at, however, as those that played Top Trumps at school will know, no matter how good your trump card, there are always tiny chinks in their armour plating, and right now that armour has a Mojo strapped unceremoniously to its back :)

The QP1R has seen off the ZX2 (now sold), and the AR M2 (although have kept that for its much friendlier UI, and the promise of positive updates), it really is THAT good!

Oct 21, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #343 of 7,140
I have seen that into the next firmware we will have the equalizer, in your opinion, in the future is possible that Questyle may implement a parametric equalizer ?

All production QP1/QP1Rs have EQ, I just haven't gotten around to updating that part of the review yet. I've been super busy with school, but I will have a subsection on it in the near future.

In the meantime, the EQ setting can be set as high as +6dB or as low as -6dB by incriments of .2dB. The hertz that can be set are (verbatim):

"31, 62, 125, 250, 500, 1k, 2k, 4k, 8k, 16k"

You can set up to 2 different EQ settings ("EQ1" and "EQ2").

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #345 of 7,140
  It's about current, the QP1R can put out an amp of current, which is quite beyond most portables.

ACtually, I learned from this forum that lower impedance headsets require sufficient current, whereas high impedance units are voltage driven.

As for monkeys, shall we go back to topic, which is the QP1R and comparing it to alternative DAPs and using it with different headsets?

As for that chinese factory, its the same factory that produces apple's iphones, and other high end electronics. Its not some shabby portacabin with smoking toilet cleaners that assemble them.

I read someone got the Oriolus, good choice! I got a pair recently as well. Love them for commute. Don't have the same resolution as the DT1770s, but are more neutral (the DT1770's are somewhat lean on bass). They don't isolate sound as well as my old klipsch K11i's. (I'm using teh memory foam type ear plugs, which work better than the standard silicon stuff).

COmpared the QP1R using SE545's which gave rather shrill high's, but the rest was out right amazing. A bit of a V-shape sound. COmpared the unit with the A&K's, Cayin, the Acoustic Research AR -M2, and some others, but those didn't compete with the QP1R's ability for detail and resolution, and power! It felt powerful in reporducing the music. I heard emotions even in metallica songs! I liked teh handling of teh AM-AR-2, but teh sound didn't come close to the QP1R.
I still want to compare it with the Sony NW-ZX2, which is supposed to be a good contender, but suspect that one has a more "popular" sound balance at the expense of resolution and detail.
I do have to say I prefer sony's touch screen control. And the SOny (on paper) has over 30 hours play back time, with 7 hours for the QP1R, which is a bit of a difference, even when considering that touch screen versus the QP1R's simple LCD and scroll wheel control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back