Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jun 17, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #4,967 of 7,140
Does it come in terabyte sizes?
Yep they do! I've got some Passports - biggest size I currently own is a 4TB. Really thinking about getting the WD 8TB My Book or 16TB My Book Duo.

Jun 17, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #4,969 of 7,140
Does it come in terabyte sizes?

I have two 2TBs and one 1TB Passports. No mains needed, and quick drag and drop like a USB stick. There is software included but I bin it all except for the Easy password utility for security (used for non music files).

Jun 17, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #4,970 of 7,140
Hey, @AndrewH13 - are you going to be at CanJam London for both days next month? If not, which day(s) will you be there? I'm curious...

Jun 17, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #4,971 of 7,140
In the encoder section at the bottom middle of the dbpoweramp screen, select add encoder and you can add another encoder and output location such as another hard drive. See the below picture from my setup. This setup of mine does a FLAC file on my USB master music drive, an ALAC file in the iTunes directory, and a FLAC file on a hard drive on my PC.

9958942_thumb.jpg

Correction. Multi copies is an essential thing!

I have FLAC and Alac on PC. Plus FLAC on a NAS drive. Plus further copy on a WD USB Passport! Then about a tenth of that collection on QP1R.

I have everything I own on two 8tb drives, two 6tb drives, and two 3 tb drives. All is ALAC, but I am building a FLAC/DSD library now.

Jun 18, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #4,973 of 7,140
Okay, I just cannot stop listening to the Paw Gold Diana. Flac and DSD both play gapless perfectly. The QP1R is amazing, but the detail and visceral bass of the Paw Gold on full size headphones is SO ADDICTIVE! I literally cannot stop listening. I better stop soon, or I'll be heading to divorce court.

Jun 19, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #4,974 of 7,140
Hey, @AndrewH13 - are you going to be at CanJam London for both days next month? If not, which day(s) will you be there? I'm curious...

Just one day, probably Saturday, but waiting on any news of TT comp I keep missing.

So funny last year, when Barbara took a picture of us with bats (paddles to you Americans :) ), and Ethan thought he had missed the competition!

Jun 19, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #4,975 of 7,140
Just one day, probably Saturday, but waiting on any news of TT comp I keep missing.

So funny last year, when Barbara took a picture of us with bats (paddles to you Americans :) ), and Ethan thought he had missed the competition!
First time I've legitimately seen Ethan "worried"! Hehe

Yeah, I got a new backhand rubber (the Rozena), and it changes the lift and drop compared to my previous rubber (Barracuda), considerably! Helps me to place the ball slightly easier, but I think it's easier for the opponent to hit the ball back, in my opinion.

As for news on the TT, this is mostly dependent upon two things: 1, if I get chosen from Sennheiser to go to their dinner Saturday night, and 2, any other event that will happen (last year we Karted). Depending upon those events happening will decide when I choose the day for the TT at my favorite TT venue in the world: Bounce.

I'll update in the CanJam London 2017 thread once I find everything out!

Jun 22, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #4,977 of 7,140
Anyone know of an estimated timeframe for QP1R fw update? Just wondering as this battery indicator issue is getting annoying.

Thanks all
Here's the quote from Mr. Ball addressing your question:
Yes, as soon as it is finished.

FW is not launched on a special day, it is released when they are finished writing the code and test it out to make sure it works.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #4,978 of 7,140
Lovely evening of QP1R last night

Users who are viewing this thread

Back