Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Sep 4, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #2,836 of 7,140
  that's big surprise. I have Opus#1 side by side comparison with QP1R and found it on the same level but different presentation. To think they charge Opus#2 3x the price of #1 is just ridiculous. I just acquired QP1R few days ago so maybe need a bit more burn-in . (As for comparison, it was out of 2.5 mm balanced on Opus#1 vs QP1R SE. )

Well, check out my review of what I think of the AK380!

Yeah...I only compare SE to SE when I compare DAPs/DAC/amps/etcetera, so I can use the exact same setup (including cables!) 
beerchug.gif

Sep 4, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #2,837 of 7,140

Well, check out my review of what I think of the AK380!

Yeah...I only compare SE to SE when I compare DAPs/DAC/amps/etcetera, so I can use the exact same setup (including cables!) 
beerchug.gif

I saw your review and comparison with Onkyo DP-X1 which I own, a bit disappointed because you only got to try it on SE and that was not the main reason I got it for (to be honest ,  i never touched the SE on Onkyo). On balance output with tweaked in setting, DP-X1 is a completely different beast and Pioneer won't even touch it. 

Sep 4, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #2,838 of 7,140
  I saw your review and comparison with Onkyo DP-X1 which I own, a bit disappointed because you only got to try it on SE and that was not the main reason I got it for (to be honest ,  i never touched the SE on Onkyo). On balance output with tweaked in setting, DP-X1 is a completely different beast and Pioneer won't even touch it. 

I do not tweak settings in my comparisons, I compare based on the "house sound" (no EQ or tweaks enabled), so it is the most fair across all comparisons.

No need to be disappointed sir or ma'am - send me your DP-X1 with SE and balanced IEMs/headphones/setups, and I'll write a comparison for you.  PM me if interested.  If not, no worries.

Sep 5, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #2,839 of 7,140
That's a first complaint like that I've read - and you're right...I didn't even notice or care, since the progress bar is on the lower part of the screen.

With that said, you can try adding blank area to the cover so the blank area won't be shown and the rest of the cover can show.

Let us know how it goes and your process of doing so!

As I sad, a little sad, but not enough for going through all tags again for a little more cover. As you I don't care really about that. Would be a nice goody for future firmware tough.

Sep 5, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #2,840 of 7,140
  hey guys, sorry for being a noob on number. I looked at QP1R's output max which is 1.9v rms and compared to dap that i have owned, Opus in this case which has 2.3v rms. Doesn't this mean Opus has better driving power than QP1R? I have seen the same number with AK70 - 2.3v rms, feel like QP1R is left behind somehow

Driving capabilities depend of how much current can DAP deliver not voltage. Voltage is for volume regulation - so theoretically AK70 or Opus might get louder but it means nothing when it comes to how well it would drive demanding headphones.

From my experience QP1R in reality seems to have one of the best driving capabilities of all DAPs. Even though specification says something else.

Sep 5, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #2,841 of 7,140
As I sad, a little sad, but not enough for going through all tags again for a little more cover. As you I don't care really about that. Would be a nice goody for future firmware tough.

What size covers do you have saved in the folders? I use 600 x 600 exclusively (for no real reason...just because), and just checked to be sure that my covers fill the entire screen. There is a tinted section at the bottom that shows song progress but is still partially transparent. I don't know if that is what you're referring to. But the screen on my X5 is pretty similar in visual content.

Sep 5, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #2,842 of 7,140
What size covers do you have saved in the folders? I use 600 x 600 exclusively (for no real reason...just because), and just checked to be sure that my covers fill the entire screen. There is a tinted section at the bottom that shows song progress but is still partially transparent. I don't know if that is what you're referring to. But the screen on my X5 is pretty similar in visual content.

I use something like 500x500, there are also some 600x600, and in between (500x496 for example)
I don't mean the transparent part. The QP1R screen is 400x360, and on my player it doesn't scale the covers to that ratio, so there is lacking some part of the cover.

Sep 5, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #2,843 of 7,140
I use something like 500x500, there are also some 600x600, and in between (500x496 for example)
I don't mean the transparent part. The QP1R screen is 400x360, and on my player it doesn't scale the covers to that ratio, so there is lacking some part of the cover.

I'm fairly decent with image editing, so if I can't find the cover in 600 x 600 I choose a larger size with proportionate dimensions and simply resize it. You could find the album covers that are bothersome on the internet and simply replace them. I posted a page or so back that I find all of my covers on Album Art Exchange http://www.albumartexchange.com/ and just drop them into whichever folder they belong in. As long as you only have one jpeg in the corresponding folder, you shouldn't have any problems. In fact, ever album cover in every folder shares the exact same name..."cover" It's really much easier than it may sound. 
smile.gif

Sep 5, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #2,844 of 7,140
I'm fairly decent with image editing, so if I can't find the cover in 600 x 600 I choose a larger size with proportionate dimensions and simply resize it. You could find the album covers that are bothersome on the internet and simply replace them. I posted a page or so back that I find all of my covers on Album Art Exchange http://www.albumartexchange.com/ and just drop them into whichever folder they belong in. As long as you only have one jpeg in the corresponding folder, you shouldn't have any problems. In fact, ever album cover in every folder shares the exact same name..."cover" It's really much easier than it may sound. :smile:

There's a misunderstanding: on my player, even covers in the size 600x600 don't show up completely. My QP1R only show the whole cover when it's exact in display screen ratio, 4x3,6 (400x360), so for example 600x540

Sep 5, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #2,845 of 7,140
I always use 800x800 covers every time I burn a new CD to FLAC. All my files have 800x800 covers.

Sep 6, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #2,849 of 7,140
I'm just thinking about an idea for a future firmware implementation for settings: the option for showing the storage places as one big storage.
For example, When I have artists a-k on card 1, l-p on internal storage, q-z on card 2, i go to "browse files" and it shows me a-z at one place. Without switching from one storage to another.
You could activate or disable this option in the settings.
(When there's plenty of folders though, the wheel would get hot, when storage is taken together)

Sep 6, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #2,850 of 7,140
Hey everyone .. I just noticed the upper right hand corner of the QP1R's screen ... I see a fine gold dust between the screen and the gorilla glass ... My unit is gold so there must have been a bit of residual dust from the milling process? ... I tried to take a photo of it but my iPhone doesn't show it ... Again it is like gold dust or lint between the LED screen and the gorilla glass

I have rubber plugs for the USB & line out jacks ... IEM jack is filled and I hardly ever unplug it

No real pain for me just wanted you guys to know ... Since this is below the volume knob maybe that is the source?

Be on the look out ... Just to confirm that I'm not seeing things

Has anyone notice a sound change at all (since the upgrade)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back