Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM Pairings
Jun 7, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #1,981 of 7,140
based on other popular review sites, I decided to buy the qp1r, and I paired it with the dunu dn200j.
if I have unlimited budget, I will buy Roxanne or layla iem. dn2000j for me is the best for the price.
first time for me to heard holographic sound if im correct, 3d sound (ref album is Queen in dsd format.)

Jun 7, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #1,982 of 7,140
Welcome to Head-Fi, @marv97!

I saw your other similar post on here.  Congrats and enjoy.  Make sure to check out the first post of this thread (the review of the QP1R) and to read through the thread, as a lot of content has been discussed and shared.

Jun 7, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #1,983 of 7,140
Hi All,

Here is a link to a brief report of T.H.E. Show Newport 2016, at this link if you are interested: http://www.head-fi.org/t/806385/t-h-e-show-newport-2016-june-3-5/45#post_12634840.

Jun 7, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #1,984 of 7,140

yah, that is the point when I decided to click the buy button on moon audio, when I saw your very long review and 100 plus pages of comments, maybe some other time I will read some part of your review, I just enjoy my qp1r first and break it in,
L3000.gif
beerchug.gif
, thanks and have a nice day my friend.

Jun 7, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #1,985 of 7,140
yah, that is the point when I decided to click the buy button on moon audio, when I saw your very long review and 100 plus pages of comments, maybe some other time I will read some part of your review, I just enjoy my qp1r first and break it in, :L3000: :beerchug: , thanks and have a nice day my friend.

Congrats!
I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but I ordered the qp1r from Moon Audio sent to Australia. I got zero after sales customer service from them. Just letting you know my experience.
Hope you do better with them than me. :)

Jun 7, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #1,988 of 7,140

Got to try the Sine with the QP1R and the iPhone 6 at T.H.E. Show Newport - the sound wasn't the issue, it was the fit. If someone can tolerate the fit when trying it out, the Sine could be a good headphone to at least seek out for an audition.

Jun 7, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #1,989 of 7,140

yah, that is the point when I decided to click the buy button on moon audio, when I saw your very long review and 100 plus pages of comments, maybe some other time I will read some part of your review, I just enjoy my qp1r first and break it in,
L3000.gif
beerchug.gif
, thanks and have a nice day my friend.

Welcome to the club. I haven't had any real trouble with mine (knock on wood). The occasional minor software (probably interface related) glitch but nothing that bothered me more than 5 seconds. I doubt there is a DAP out there that is 100% trouble free. It is finicky about USB cables. But don't drop it! It is pretty cool too that anytime you tell someone you have one they envy it for the sound quality. These things just sound great and they can deal with any cans or play through your stereo with authority.

Jun 7, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #1,990 of 7,140
I decided to bring my iBasso DX90 out of retirement. The DX90 also mounts disk images on the Mac desktop, like the QP1(R). While repopulating the DX90's internal memory and the microSD card, neither dismounted automatically, which causes the warning message that we Mac > QP1(R) users have become accustomed to. Since the QP1(R) warning messages seems to be benign, I guess it's, no harm, no foul. I just find it curious that the QP1(R) offends the Mac for some reason.

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #1,992 of 7,140
Jun 9, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #1,994 of 7,140
Jun 10, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #1,995 of 7,140
Just an update on my DIY scroll wheel repair-

I followed the instructions given by brams (much thanks again), and I have managed to re-attach the scroll wheel to my unit, and everything is functioning quite well. The wheel itself is formed from a centre disc, which acts as the button to press the enter/play function, and this sits inside, and on top of an outer disc, which acts as the scroll wheel. The trick to attaching the whole wheel successfully is to take out the centre disc, and attach the outer disc onto the scrolling mechanism by aligning the tabs (ref to the pics I posted earlier). Once this outer disc is attached, apply the glue, as instructed by brams, and attach the centre disc. DO NOT use superglue as this is too watery and will likely leak into to electronics. It's been one day and all is well fingers crossed.
One thing I have learned is that I'm not at all surprised the wheel was dislodged by the minor fall. I'll be surprised if it doesn't happen to a lot more users through everyday normal use due to the flimsy manner in which it was attached from the factory. Just astounding for a product at this price. Suffice to say that I'll be keeping my glue tube in a safe, handy place.
Please note that I only attempted this because I received zero customer service from Moon Audio and Questyle. If anyone else attampts this, it's obviously at their own risk.

On the subject of after sales service- I read earlier about Bruce Ball having some sort of accident which may have prevented him from responding on this forum, or elsewhere. Of course I wish him well, and a speedy recovery. However, his company should've made sure that customer relations were taken care of in his absence. At the end of the day this has left a bad taste in the mouth, and it has given me a negative impression of the two companies involved.

Anyway, I hope this info is useful to anyone who wishes to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back