Review - Philips FX5M deep bass headphones
Aug 9, 2015 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Star2806

Head-Fier
With the bass boost, the bass is acoustically enhanced, natural, warm, thick, rich and airy. Bass seems to be surgically enhanced without affecting the mids!  I put this down to the latest technology in research.  Mids and treble are perfectly balanced with good clarity in the treble. Soundstage is slightly above average in width for closed cans. I love these headphones, have been listening to them allot since buying them 2 days ago. I prefer the bass on these compared to the Philips shl3300 dj headphones as they sound warmer and more natural with more bass presence, almost as low extension and very slightly less upper mids. Shl3300s are now on ebay. These are in a better league than the Philips Uptowns with more neutral mids and highs, more sub bass.  Yes these are a big secret in the headphone world, no one else has reviewed them here and yet they are superior to the shl3300 and uptowns.

Build quality seems to be very high, they should endure normal handling perfectly well and they look very attractive. They are comfortable to wear, clamping is average and they are very light. The only minor gripe is that the cord is short at 1.2m, I have to use a 1m extension cord on my hifi system.

Dec 19, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 2
If you still have these headphones, could you measure the earpad (in, out and depth) and post dimensions? If you don't have them, maybe you remember more or less? I'm curious about these headphones and wonder how large the cups are and if there are velour pads that would fit them. I can get them for about $36 (30 euros) new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back