REVIEW: Ostry KC06
Apr 7, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #451 of 2,536

Yeah baby!
beerchug.gif

Did you get a pair too Wayne?

Apr 7, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #452 of 2,536
  No, not him. Some other guy(s) who said they (as in other JVC's) sounded muddy. You guys gotta remember I never specified that the FX850 were the bad ones, just their IEMs in general (besides the hype) had that reputation, so I applied that to the FX850.

ahh fair enough, let's hope that the FX850 rectified this issue
JVC FXT90 didn't impress me (especially in comparo to the TF10 i had at the time), so taking a gamble on these

Apr 8, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #455 of 2,536
Did you get a pair too Wayne?

Ordered a few days ago. Prolly won't get them for a while. But excited about them nonetheless!

Apr 8, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #457 of 2,536
  When did this turn into a JVC thread?

I'll cop the blame for that. 
biggrin.gif

ahh fair enough, let's hope that the FX850 rectified this issue
JVC FXT90 didn't impress me (especially in comparo to the TF10 i had at the time), so taking a gamble on these

I guess so, if you're going for it. Judging from the majority of the post in that thread, it doesn't seem so bad as opposed to their other ones. 

Good luck though! Hope you don't feel like you wasted any money on them.

Apr 8, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #460 of 2,536
You know the FX series needs at least 1k hrs of burn in to sound right:blush:

Are you trying to tell us that there is some kind of Gladwellian Outlier formula for training IEM's?

Apr 8, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #461 of 2,536
You know the FX series needs at least 1k hrs of burn in to sound right:blush:

That's an awfully long time to achieve a "good" sounding IEM. Is it a generational thing, where only your grandchildren will experience the fine taste of a hand-me-down JVC? :p

Apr 8, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #462 of 2,536
Definitely recommend them to your friends. I received mine just under a week through Penonaudio. Scales up really well amped. Holy smokes this sounds good.

I switched to the DX50 and pico slim and I'm getting goosebumps. Sixty bucks, this is unbelievable. This hits my buttons more than the Tenore's. Sixty bucks, I'm just sayin!!

Congrats Danny! And welcome to Ostry fan club!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back