REVIEW: Oritek X-2 Interconnect Cables
Mar 19, 2007 at 2:24 PM Post #16 of 20
Nardin, What does your post have to do with Markl's review of the Oritek X-2? Have you heard the X-1, or X-2? There are plenty of other threads where you can post your opinion on cables in general. This thread is about the X-1 or X-2.

Mar 19, 2007 at 3:10 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nardin, What does your post have to do with Markl's review of the Oritek X-2? Have you heard the X-1, or X-2? There are plenty of other threads where you can post your opinion on cables in general. This thread is about the X-1 or X-2.

Maybe a better question might be, how do I know the Oritek X-2 will sound the same to my ears as it does to the OP.

Mar 19, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eno /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe a better question might be, how do I know the Oritek X-2 will sound the same to my ears as it does to the OP.

The way you know this or not is by trying out the cable. Jeez. So many people talk back and forth all day about this and that with cables, but they do not bother to actually go through the sometimes painstaking process of critically auditioning. Honestly, whenever anybody gives me an opinion on a cable, I take it with a grain of salt. What those reviews do 'do' however, is to sometimes create enough interest to actually listen to them myself. Over the years I have built up personal experience with what I feel I am hearing with various cables...

...If you do not hear these differences (or do not want to), well I suggest you stick to the old adage: "Money Saved is Money Earned". Keep your wallet fat, and stay out of here.

Neil

Mar 19, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly, whenever anybody gives me an opinion on a cable, I take it with a grain of salt.
Neil

Taking OP's opinion as you suggested, "with a grain of salt".

Thanks

May 27, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ran across this thread... even though it is from over a year ago.

Anyway, Ori let me try out his X-2 cables a while back. I was using Virtual Dynamics Revelation and Masters cables before. According to Ori, his cable would definitely be a "VD Killer".

I figured with a statement like that, it doesn't hurt to try 'em! After all, more flexible and much smaller cables would be very nice if they did indeed sound as good as my reference VD cables.

Anyway, long story short, I completely agree with everything Markl has said. The X-2 came across to be a very warm, and melloe sounding cable. It had a very natural and polite sound. I can see this cable as a good choice for people who have a system that is slightly on the strident, or grainy side. Although it is true, this cable will not add lushness, but it does give off a very relaxed feel.

Did it beat my VD's? Answer: I gave Ori back his very excellent X-2 cables. I will be sticking with VD it seems.

Neil

Hi Neil,
Have you had the opportunity to audition the Sunny Cable Supreme line?

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back