Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC)
Mar 26, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #706 of 1,164
  I think a lot of customers look for consistency, with Samsung and Apple you know what you're getting into, with HTC well... You might get a 10, you might get a U Ultra, you might get the brilliant M7 or M8 or you might get an M9. If they just kept making phones like the 10 then eventually they would establish a reliable reputation (with regular buyers not just audiophiles and the tech savvy) and buyers will come. I've received countless "wow, what phone is that!" comments about my 10, it's a fantastic phone, just most people don't know about it and I'm sure the vast majority of other HTC 10 owners have had a similar experience. HTC don't realise that people don't buy Samsungs because of their shiny glass designs but because of brand recognition, something that HTC really seems to have lost. 

Also I'm really outraged that they've started ditching the headphone jack, HTC's have never really had that many advantages over competing phones and they've lost their most universally acclaimed feature. I love my 10, loved my M8 and even my One X+ was a pretty good phone in its day, but HTC aren't doing good things in recent. Still waiting on the 11, seeing the camera on the ultra and everything else on the 10 gives me some hope that it'll be a strong offering, hope the U ultra is just there to stimulate a few more sales before unveiling. 

Yes I agree on that. But I can't say that HTC's haven't had advantages over their competitors.
The M7 was a great phone with front facing speakers, a first with the SD600, one of the first with a 1080p screen, exceptional audio quality, great battery life. The only thing that sucked was no SD card slot, for that reason I skipped it. Even the camera, despite some people hating on it, was great for the time because no other phones had low light support.
The M8 was better in basically every way, faster CPU, more memory, better screen (despite the same resolution), better speakers, better SQ from the headphone jack, better battery life.
Was one of the first phones with the gesture support, unibody metal again, one of the first to support QC2.0.

The M9 dropped the ball, the camera was better in the day, worse at night by far. The SD810 just sucked and ruined the phone in every way.
HTC 10 is a mixed bag as much as I love it, I liked my front facing speakers and for what I used my M8/M9 for its just not as good as a small speaker for a bathroom or w/e.
The 1440p screen is also pointless as no videos are in that format, making videos actually slightly worse as they are upscaled.
Otherwise its a phenomenal device that is fast, efficient, great battery life, great GPS, very stable software, etc.

Mar 26, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #707 of 1,164
The 1440p screen is also pointless as no videos are in that format, making videos actually slightly worse as they are upscaled.

disagree! I can set text to ultra tiny in the reading app and it's still super legible! pretty awesome, I wish my e-ink screen reader had such high resolution.

Mar 26, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #708 of 1,164
So you guys honestly agree that I should hold on to my M8 a month more and see if there´s a HTC 11 announcement in April?
If it´s not what I am expecting I will buy the HTC 10, my only fear is that nothing at all gets announced in the end...

Cheers

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #709 of 1,164
  So you guys honestly agree that I should hold on to my M8 a month more and see if there´s a HTC 11 announcement in April?
If it´s not what I am expecting I will buy the HTC 10, my only fear is that nothing at all gets announced in the end...

Cheers

I don't really think they will ever release something better than htc 10. The U Ultra is a little worrying and they already treating it like a flagship. also i don't think they will announce it in april.

If you can get a better deal on HTC 10 just do it. new HTC devices cost a lot and take time to decrease. i got my HTC 10 for 450$ 3 months ago and it's the best deal i've got in my entire life. the phone is a beast and i really like it in every way.

Mar 26, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #710 of 1,164

I beta tested the HTC 10 so I've had an HTC 10 for a year already.
I don't really see myself getting the 11 unless its over the top amazing.
And I haven't gotten anything from HTC preview in a while so who knows what they are doing.

When it comes to the S8, HTC doesn't really see Samsung as a competitor. They make phones for the masses, HTC makes phones for the classy / higher end market.
Basically Samsung is a Honda/Toyota/Chevy/Kia and HTC is an Infiniti/Lexus/Cadillac/Mercedes. They aren't interested in selling phones at $1 profit and deeply discounting for the masses.
They just want to make a great product and think that everything they make is worth the price (most of it is, some things are a bad value).

htc of all companies should not be thinking its a luxury like brand haha

Mar 26, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #712 of 1,164
While I don't agree that luxury electronics are a large market. They deliver in every other way over and above every other Android brand.
So their premium is worth it if you can afford it.

not really? since when was HTC even considered a premium? its sales are plummeting and they are in desperate need. Don't get me wrong I think the HTC is one of the best phones right now next to the sony xz but it's not a brand that can market itself in the same way that samsung or apple can. 

They've fallen behind camera for a long time. HTC10 is their effort to make things right. Everything before the htc10 was kind of bad. 

Mar 26, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #714 of 1,164
  Maybe  True, They just do not have the marketing budget to push sales.Hardware wise, they always have nailed it imo

yep, they really really suck at marketing.
I feel as if they hired just one good marketing person it could really turn the brand around.

I mean look at the google pixel.... its literally an HTC 10 with all the great features removed and it sells for the same price and they are flying off the shelves.......

Mar 26, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #715 of 1,164
  not really? since when was HTC even considered a premium? its sales are plummeting and they are in desperate need. Don't get me wrong I think the HTC is one of the best phones right now next to the sony xz but it's not a brand that can market itself in the same way that samsung or apple can. 

They've fallen behind camera for a long time. HTC10 is their effort to make things right. Everything before the htc10 was kind of bad. 

That is a perspective, personally I loved the Camera on my M8 and its a logical camera. 95% of pictures that people take are reshared online below 4MP quality.
The M8 accels at taking pictures for these purposes, especially in low lighting.

Mar 26, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #716 of 1,164
  I think a lot of customers look for consistency, with Samsung and Apple you know what you're getting into, with HTC well... You might get a 10, you might get a U Ultra, you might get the brilliant M7 or M8 or you might get an M9. If they just kept making phones like the 10 then eventually they would establish a reliable reputation (with regular buyers not just audiophiles and the tech savvy) and buyers will come. I've received countless "wow, what phone is that!" comments about my 10, it's a fantastic phone, just most people don't know about it and I'm sure the vast majority of other HTC 10 owners have had a similar experience. HTC don't realise that people don't buy Samsungs because of their shiny glass designs but because of brand recognition, something that HTC really seems to have lost. 

Also I'm really outraged that they've started ditching the headphone jack, HTC's have never really had that many advantages over competing phones and they've lost their most universally acclaimed feature. I love my 10, loved my M8 and even my One X+ was a pretty good phone in its day, but HTC aren't doing good things in recent. Still waiting on the 11, seeing the camera on the ultra and everything else on the 10 gives me some hope that it'll be a strong offering, hope the U ultra is just there to stimulate a few more sales before unveiling. 

Yeah I get the same comments too about my 10. Exactly...........I've been saying that too. Sony Mobile has the same issue, but yeah...........you HAVE to market you products to people. Samsung does, Apple sort of does but they're so huge they kinda don't have to. Though Android is bigger, but Apple makes more off app sales. HTC and Sony need to find ways to market their products better. In Sweden, a girl I know told me that Sony is JUST AS BIG if not bigger than Samsung there. Guess what Sony Mobile does there that they don't do here................YUP! ADVERTISE!! lol

This is a trend, ALMOST as stupid as the phablet trend, that is happening and we really can't do much about it. I believe with the Ultra HTC included a 3.5mm female port to USB-C adapter anyway. But even if not, you can buy one like this which allow you to listen to music AND charge your phone at the same time like you can now with the 10, but via the USB-C port for both.  

Yeah I think the U Ultra is just a way to make money until the 11/Ocean is released. The U Ultra sux, so I hope HTC gets on with it and releases the 11/Ocean sooner than later. I expect them to announce it in April, but who knows anything for sure? Because stupid Samdung made that deal with Qualcomm to get first dibs on the first batch of 835s for the S8, we have to wait a little longer now as the 11/Ocean will most certainly run on the 835 as well. Since the S8 comes out in mid-April, it makes SENSE that HTC will announce the 11/Ocean then too. 

Mar 26, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #717 of 1,164

I beta tested the HTC 10 so I've had an HTC 10 for a year already.
I don't really see myself getting the 11 unless its over the top amazing.
And I haven't gotten anything from HTC preview in a while so who knows what they are doing.

When it comes to the S8, HTC doesn't really see Samsung as a competitor. They make phones for the masses, HTC makes phones for the classy / higher end market.
Basically Samsung is a Honda/Toyota/Chevy/Kia and HTC is an Infiniti/Lexus/Cadillac/Mercedes. They aren't interested in selling phones at $1 profit and deeply discounting for the masses.
They just want to make a great product and think that everything they make is worth the price (most of it is, some things are a bad value).

I C. Yeah I'm feelin' the same way. I'm excited to SEE the 11/Ocean, but I am not sure I will upgrade until I do. The 10 is fantastic that I'd be PERFECTLY FINE waiting another (or 2) before doing so. 

Yeah I just wish they'd hurry the F up and announce it already. F the U Ultra! lol I'm hoping in April they will since the S8 comes out then. 

I dunno if I agree with that Jim. I think HTC wants to make phones for everyone too, but they don't seem to understand you need to MARKET your product b/c people buy what they know. Samsung advertises like crazy, and is good at it too. HTC did pretty well with the ads for the M8, but since then haven't advertised for crap. lol 

The fact that they BOTH sell their flagships at high prices tells me that isn't really true. They both wanna make money. HTC I think does charge a bit too much considering they don't really advertise at all (at least not here in the U.S.). IF they did, then I'd get the higher prices maybe, cuz then they'd surely be in higher demand than they are now. 

I believe they're taking Sony Mobile's moronic approach..............charge a lot of money, and expect that everyone will pay it. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Not unless you advertise! Funny that Sony Mobile's smartphones sales, though not high, were MUCH higher when they were selling through U.S. carriers like T-Mobile than when later they stopped and only sold them as unlocked phones. People stopped seeing their phones in the stores, and so then their attentions got focused to the other phones. It's THAT simple. It just sux that they and HTC make THE BEST PHONES IMO but don't do what it takes to increase sales. HTC at least releases its phones through the carriers here still, and I'm hoping this will continue with the 11/Ocean whenever it's released as well.

Mar 26, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #718 of 1,164

Cheers

I HIGHLY doubt that the U Ultra will be the only big release from HTC. Even the President of Smartphones at HTC said they would be releasing the HTC 11, though according to him, it WON'T be called that. If nothing was coming he never would've make a comment like that. 

I'd wait man. Unless you don't wanna spend too much on a phone, then just get the 10 as obviously the 11/Ocean will be more. 

Mar 26, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #719 of 1,164

Come on aertus. lol HTC is JUST as premium as Sony is. Sony's sales are nowhere near what they were here in the U.S. when they were selling through carriers. 

HTC AND Sony Mobile need to take out a loan or something and get to advertising. This is where they both drop the ball. 

I'll agree on the camera thing though. The 10's camera is much better than any One series phone camera that'd came before it, esp now with 3 major camera updates being deployed.......the third one only being a few weeks ago. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back