Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC)
Aug 15, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #271 of 1,164
I'll take the smaller footprint than front facing speakers for me personally. I rather have something easily pocketable than two speakers in the front on top of the finger sensor - though i think they should have put that in the back like other phones do to save even more real estate, or to put the 2nd speaker back in.

Aug 16, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #275 of 1,164
  To listen music from smartphone speakers nowadays... Its ok to watch Youtube or something like that but to ask more from tiny speakers is not right.

More or less, I do appreciate how much fuller the lower midrange is on my M8 than my S6 edge for example (even if both are extremely bass deficient), it makes male voices a lot more discernible and videos just sound better in general. Of course if I want to listen to music I`ll plug in my Westones or Sennheisers, smartphone speakers are just terrible in general, at least some aren`t overly harsh such as those on the M8.

For those interested in audiophile grade phones, the ZTE Axon 7 is looking to be pretty nice, although it doesn`t support all bands in Australia so it`s not really an option for me. The camera is also pretty average, but it`s a solid choice for $400.

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #276 of 1,164
  To listen music from smartphone speakers nowadays... Its ok to watch Youtube or something like that but to ask more from tiny speakers is not right.

Yea, i feel the same. I really don't expect much from phone speakers other than hope they still work after a few years.

Hopefully HTC can make a turnaround. From a business stand-point they've been losing money the past couple years. They'll be making the next 2 Nexus phones for Google, so maybe that will help a lil

Aug 16, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #277 of 1,164
Poweramp 703 build (with DVC enabled) has higher volume output compared to Neutron in the HTC 10. Any recommendations for a music app that sounds as good as Poweramp/ Neutron but with higher volume output than the latter?

Aug 17, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #278 of 1,164
Yea, i feel the same. I really don't expect much from phone speakers other than hope they still work after a few years.

Hopefully HTC can make a turnaround. From a business stand-point they've been losing money the past couple years. They'll be making the next 2 Nexus phones for Google, so maybe that will help a lil

I switched back to the HTC from my G5 with hifi DAC so I could evaluate the speaker on each phone. I have to say the loudness is similar (which is not as loud as I like) but the hifi DAC has way less distortion amd seems to be better on the low end, I mean the phone literally vibrates in my hand. If I'm not close to the phone when listening, I don't notice the advantage of the HTC dual speaker setup either. Seems like the hifi DAC of the G5 is also more detailed.

I'm not fooling myself, I know that overall they are both crappy alternatives to a home system or headphones, but in a pinch they will do....and the G5 hifi DAC will do it better :)

Aug 17, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #279 of 1,164
Why do you
Poweramp 703 build (with DVC enabled) has higher volume output compared to Neutron in the HTC 10. Any recommendations for a music app that sounds as good as Poweramp/ Neutron but with higher volume output than the latter?

Strange. My ears feels Neutron as a louder player (Poweramp in 24-bit/192 Khz output). I've tried these players: Poweramp 3 .703, Neutron, Foobar, UAP Pro, Onkyo, Stellio, BlackPlayer. Volume output practically same.
May I ask you, why do you need higher volume? You can't drive 300/600 Ohm headphones properly anyway. I tried it with my Beyerdynamic DT 880 before – not enough power. And increasing volume with just soft tweaks means sacrificing dynamic range. Did you try preamp function in Neutron?

Aug 18, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #282 of 1,164
Thx but I was talking about analog signal form HTC 10, how to optimize it. How to set HTC 10 for optimizing HTC 10 DAC performance and using analog signal form HTC 10 with external AMP?

Aug 22, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #283 of 1,164
I don't think there's a way for you to bypass the internal amp. 
To be clear - do you want to run a line from the phone's headphone out (3.5mm) to an external amp?

Quote:
  Thx but I was talking about analog signal form HTC 10, how to optimize it. How to set HTC 10 for optimizing HTC 10 DAC performance and using analog signal form HTC 10 with external AMP?

Aug 22, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #284 of 1,164
Hi. Yes, that is exactly what I want to do, I want to run a line from the phone's headphone out (3.5mm) to an external amp.
When I was using iPod with external amplifier i was using line 30 pin to 2xRCA or 30 pin line out:

As far as i know that is impossible with android smartphones. So what is alternative to use internal smartphone DAC with external amp in the most effective way?
I heard that there's a possibility to for example: turn of digital volume control to get beter analog signal on headphone out (3.5mm).

Sep 1, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #285 of 1,164
Ah yes, the external speaker is good, clean and more clear than Samsung Note 4. It is just as loud but with more depth and clarity. Bass and trebles are very clean too, but most importantlyit is the soudstage. The first time I hear a smartphonewith external speaker to have this kind of depth. Bass is a bit weak though

The quick camera access is very good. When the phone is off or locked, just stroke down on it screen twice and camera is on

Hi. Need advice. Need very solid earphones for htc 10. Most important is sound quality. Mostly for pop music. And Enigma or Enya type of music, as well as pure pop. Around 300$ budget, maybe higher if really needed. My choice was Sony xba A3 but, living in Serbia, not possible to get them. Shure se 425, ath ckr9..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back