Review of the Audio-Gd DAC-19 DF / MKIV
Mar 14, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #16 of 128
From the pictures I have seen, I am not a fan of the handwriting or text that was used. This in no way had any effect on my decision. The exterior casing could be writing in hieroglyphics for all I care. My only concern is the SQ, Build Quality & Reliability.

I have this strange feeling that the handwriting/txt will grow on me. Probably once I hear the sound this thing puts out. Can't help but be excited.

Mar 14, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #17 of 128
**POTENTIAL BUYERS PLEASE READ**

I had my concerns about buying direct from Audio-gd, especially since you will not recieve an invoice prior to purchase. Well I have no reservations from purchasing from them now after experiencing their great customer service. Taking into account the time zone difference, they have promptly returned all my emails/inquiries.

I will update again with my comments on their shipping.

Mar 14, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #18 of 128
The text grew on me pretty quick once I listened to my audio-gd fun... so Im guessing with the dac19 it wont even be an issue
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #19 of 128
It seems the little brother of REF1 performs up to its standard and worth the money.

Once you addicted to the Audio-gd stuff, I think you will upgrade to it's flagship in not too long from now.

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #21 of 128
You seem like really happy with your audio GD DAC...your review is saying that
smily_headphones1.gif
I have not ever read such a detailed review of any belonging.
NIce job man.... and let me tell, i am onto one soon
wink.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #23 of 128
As objective as subjective reviews can be
tongue.gif
. Nice write-up, but like the majority of dac19 owners, we don't have a better dac to use as a yardstick to try to find out where the dac19 falls short. If someone compares ref 1 with dac19 though I will not enter the thread to read
tongue.gif

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #26 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by sk3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really want to hear a review heads up against some real compeition in its price range such as the StageDAC or Music Hall 25.2

X2!

Mar 16, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #27 of 128
Nice review noinimod
smily_headphones1.gif

Peete.

Mar 16, 2010 at 5:25 AM Post #28 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by noinimod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh, i asked Kingwa about tweaks i plan on doing and he said the one that will give the most improvement would be the usb->spdif converter, assuming the implementation is good.

1. Any issues with the USB driver?
  2. Which OS did you use?

Just curious on the USB port even though I won't be using it.
I have mine on order. Really looking forward to receiving it.

Cheers.

Mar 16, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #29 of 128
Oh, the usb works totally fine. It's just that, as with any other usb-based dac, there will be jitter issues to deal with, so yea. I do have a m2tech hiface on trial now, will keep you guys updated on how well it does
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #30 of 128
Look forward to hearing about the m2tech hiface paired with the DAC-19.

I am not sure if I want to use any connection that goes through USB. I would rather obtain a bit perfect signal through the coaxial output of my soundcard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back