Review of JBL LSR305
Jul 23, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #61 of 65
I measured the resistance of the drivers today & the tweeter measured 7.6 making it an 8 ohm driver & the woofer measured 3.9 ohms making it a 6ohm driver. Woofers tend to have a wider variance than tweeter do when comparing D.C. resistance compared to A.C. impedance. According to the ratings of the chip that drives the speakers max power RMS to the drivers with a 25 volt power supply which the LSR305 uses is 50 watts into 6 ohms & 40 watts into 8 ohms impedance. This makes the overall power to be slightly greater than JBL rates however this is at clipping & rating at 1% distortion is slightly less. The power supply is regulated on these speakers

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #62 of 65
Hello All,

I also use LSR305 speakers but often find them muddy, clarity is low.

So I paired them with Radsone Earstudio ES100 bluetooth receiver. The result is amazing. Clarity is top notch and eq works very well. ES100 uses 2 chips that AK used on their DAP. And the best thing is it cost only $100 on amazon. It has APTX -HD and especially LDAC, which I recommend using.

If anyone wants to drive better performance from LSR305 but lack funds aka can't afford to get HUGO etc, get ES100. I guarantee you won't regret it. This is from a guy using modded Sony WM1Z dap.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #63 of 65
Hello All,

I also use LSR305 speakers but often find them muddy, clarity is low.

So I paired them with Radsone Earstudio ES100 bluetooth receiver. The result is amazing. Clarity is top notch and eq works very well. ES100 uses 2 chips that AK used on their DAP. And the best thing is it cost only $100 on amazon. It has APTX -HD and especially LDAC, which I recommend using.

If anyone wants to drive better performance from LSR305 but lack funds aka can't afford to get HUGO etc, get ES100. I guarantee you won't regret it. This is from a guy using modded Sony WM1Z dap.
As I understand it, to take advantage of APTx, both receiver and transmitter (aka DAP, smartphone, etc.) must support APTx. I still find that using a wired connection yields the best sound quality.

Apr 17, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #64 of 65
zYYx6uc.jpg

What's this 1315A? I noticed that out of the 4 I have (2 per speaker), only one popped out like that and I will like to replace it when doing the capacitor mod

Can someone help identify this 1315A?

Apr 18, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #65 of 65
I own the LSR308. One of my speakers will start clipping and then shut off if I run too high volume now. The front of the speaker is thing plastic. This is made badly and I am not that happy with the build quality. Sound is fine. I upgraded to the Yamaha HS8 and those ARE made much better and have much richer mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back