Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player
Jan 16, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #331 of 1,215

A new "Hidizs mode" and some new language pack will be added in new AP100.
We will update more when the production is done.

What is Hidizs mode?

Jan 17, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #333 of 1,215
  For me, it changes a sound signature in way like a fast/slow rolloff filter changes it or smth similar.
Hidizs on => slow(details become more smoothed, so vocal is pushed forward little bit), off => fast

Wow, really. Gotta check that. I have been on Hidizs mode ON since 069.

Jan 17, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #334 of 1,215
  For me, it changes a sound signature in way like a fast/slow rolloff filter changes it or smth similar.
Hidizs on => slow(details become more smoothed, so vocal is pushed forward little bit), off => fast

Thanks Dmitry... I just picked up my unit from Fedex last night.  I only played around with it for a couple of hours, but they sounded pretty good with my VSonic VSD1S IEMs.  I listen to a lot of indie music, so I found instruments were better defined than with my DX50.  I tested with the Eagles - Hotel California, Led Zeppelin's Mothership album (24/96 vinyl), Angus and Julia Stone, Department of Eagles, Lana Del Rey, and several other artists.  Typically stuff I would listen to with my DX50.

Jan 17, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #335 of 1,215
  Thanks Dmitry... I just picked up my unit from Fedex last night.  I only played around with it for a couple of hours, but they sounded pretty good with my VSonic VSD1S IEMs.  I listen to a lot of indie music, so I found instruments were better defined than with my DX50.  I tested with the Eagles - Hotel California, Led Zeppelin's Mothership album (24/96 vinyl), Angus and Julia Stone, Department of Eagles, Lana Del Rey, and several other artists.  Typically stuff I would listen to with my DX50.

Would you happen to be anywhere near London, Ontario?

Jan 17, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #336 of 1,215
Jan 17, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #340 of 1,215
  Could you tell me where you got the beta4 firmware please ?

It's in this thread a few pages in.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/740804/hidizs-ap100-dap-support-team-now-on-head-fi

Jan 18, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #342 of 1,215
Very good player for the money. Sound quality is like a mix off ibasso dx 90 and fiio x5, with the warmth of the dx90 and some of the attack off the x5. Although it sounds less clean than the dx90 and less clean than the x5. But with some music the ap 100 is better than both. It also has a lot of detail and a wide soundstage. The Hidizs ap 100 has a different kind of sound.

I do find the bass less refind than on the dx90 and x5, but it integrates nicely. If your iem's or headphones have little bass, the ap 100 adds some.

It is sort of smoothing, so if you dislike the piercing mids off your player, the ap 100 does the job. Voices sound more real and are larger than with the x1 and x5.

I play with the latest firmware (beta 1 januari). I don't know if the player has to burn in, but I don't think so. But for 200 euro it's recommended.

I would like to add that there seems to be treble roll-off. Therefore for example guitars sound less crisp. If the updated ap 100 has a crisper high end with tighter bass, I think its among the best players. It already has a more pleasing sound than x5 and dx90.

I totally agree with you on this statement.  I've been listening with my VSonic VSD1S IEMs for the past couple of days, and I'm finding they pair nicely with the AP100.  The VSD1S is supposed to be light on bass, and I've noticed a slight boost in bass compared to when I was using them with my O2/ODAC combo at work.  It actually works for me because it adds the right amount of bass depending on the song.  I do enjoy how much fuller Radiohead's Little By Little (Caribou RMX) sounds now.  It's always been one of my go to tracks for demoing new gear.  I'm still impressed with how well the AP100 separates different instruments.  I'm actually starting to hear sounds differently in some tracks.  It's given new life to a few tracks I listen to by Beirut.

Jan 19, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #343 of 1,215
  Thanks, though. I thought I'd try...By the way, does this player have the ability to be used just as a dac/amp?

As a USB dac/amp, no.

Brought the AP100 to work this morning, and listening through my VSonic GR07 Classic IEMs.  OMG, I think I'm having an eargasm.  The sound is fuller, and clearer than with the VSD1S IEMs I have at home.  It's a noticeable difference too.  Mids seem to a little forward, but not in a bad way.  Instruments and vocals are more defined than with the VSD1S too.  Keep in mind the GR07 Classic are also double the price.  The VSD1S IEMs offer great value.  Lost cost, good performance.

Both the VSonic GR07 Classic and VSonic VSD1S IEMs play nicely, and there is no hissing.  Between the two sets of IEMs, the G07 will be my everyday driver.  It's much more enjoyable listening through them.

Jan 20, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #344 of 1,215
had my AP100 since late Dec & have been playing with it more off than on really. been busy with the holidays, work, life & any listening i've been able to do goes to another new(to me) "toy".....a Dynahi i acquired from a fellow canuck headfier.

before this Hidizs player, all ive had are an assortment of sonys, clips & more recently BT via cellphone (mainly samsungs notes). with the caveat that i havent listened to any of the other better DAPs, i have to say im super impressed with the AP100. not only has it driven most of my portable IEM well, its also the 1st player thats allowed me to clearly differenciate btwn 320mp3s & flacs.

right now, i've never heard my grado ps500 sounds so good than through the AP100. a (now returned) IE80 sounded good as well & a metallic sounding XBA3 is now normal & sounds great with vocals. it even managed to drive an AKG702 to sound decent at acceptable volumes (though maxed out at 80) 

the only issue i can complain about is the difficulty of getting 64gb microsd cards to work. luckily, i managed to solved the microsd card issue (thanks WeirdG). & ofcos a longer battery life would be great as well. 

btw is FW69 (im on 67) worth installling & if so, where can i download it?

Jan 20, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #345 of 1,215
  had my AP100 since late Dec & have been playing with it more off than on really. been busy with the holidays, work, life & any listening i've been able to do goes to another new(to me) "toy".....a Dynahi i acquired from a fellow canuck headfier.

before this Hidizs player, all ive had are an assortment of sonys, clips & more recently BT via cellphone (mainly samsungs notes). with the caveat that i havent listened to any of the other better DAPs, i have to say im super impressed with the AP100. not only has it driven most of my portable IEM well, its also the 1st player thats allowed me to clearly differenciate btwn 320mp3s & flacs.

right now, i've never heard my grado ps500 sounds so good than through the AP100. a (now returned) IE80 sounded good as well & a metallic sounding XBA3 is now normal & sounds great with vocals. it even managed to drive an AKG702 to sound decent at acceptable volumes (though maxed out at 80) 

the only issue i can complain about is the difficulty of getting 64gb microsd cards to work. luckily, i managed to solved the microsd card issue (thanks WeirdG). & ofcos a longer battery life would be great as well. 

btw is FW69 (im on 67) worth installling & if so, where can i download it?

Np. 
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back