Review of Elekit TU882R: Tube headphone amp
Mar 21, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #76 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Curbfeeler may not be most PC but he does know how to describe sound. He is an old school Audiophile who dabbles in a little Head-fi. Everybody gets a little defensive with there opinions from time to time. He does go to every Seattle meet for that last few years and does help with the Newbies. So he is not all bad.

Yes, being articulate or PC could be the issue. Plus it is being read by a non-native English user which could add to the issue. Never met him so all I have is the limited information available via posts.

Mar 22, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #77 of 88
I can understand that. My birth name is Gilberto. Now days I'm called Gil and my twin Manny. Some things have had to work at. The High School I went to was only good at golf and tennis so my English is pretty good.

Mar 22, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #78 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The High School I went to was only good at golf and tennis so my English is pretty good.

No futbol? Arriba Chivas!!!
tongue_smile.gif

Sorry, couldn't help it. Most of my friends are from Michoacan or Jalisco where Chivas reigns supreme. Went to a game in Guadalajara and it was great fun.
wink.gif

Back on topic, this amp is intriguing, if it wasn't for the supposed noise problem....on the fence on this one....

Mar 22, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #79 of 88
I have been told that problem has been fixed with that amp.

Mar 22, 2010 at 6:13 AM Post #81 of 88
Yup, Just pm me or call me. I will get you the latest.

Apr 1, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #83 of 88
Is there any other amp in a similar price range that sounds as natural and musical , shall we say organic? ," tube-like" as the Elekit Tu-882? 'Don't particularly like the kit idea.

Apr 18, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #85 of 88
When Roger is done with changes to the Elekit I own I will post my impressions. The objective is to lower gain and noise using the high impedance setting and to provide for the use of better power cords. I use Sennheiser HD800 and HD650 equipped with Moon Silver Dragon on Furutech FP704 connectors, both of which will be assessed with the Elekit.

May 17, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #86 of 88
Has anybody tried RE0 with the amp?  I get hissing with the medium impedance plug.  

Jun 19, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #88 of 88
Since this post was made in October of '09, what was the outcome of this modification? Was the hum problem found? Was it fixed? What was the problem that caused the hum? Was the correct transformer (120V) used or was it indeed 100V as you claimed?
 I just want to find out the final outcome of this amp to see if there is a hum problem for higher impedance phones. I did read this whole thread and I know Miguel had no hum issues, but I also want to know what curbfeeler's final experience was as well.

Quote:
curbfeeler said:
 on 10/27/09 at 5:38pm/img/forum/go_quote.gif

I handed off the TU-882 to Roger Hug Friday so that he could reduce the gain at the high impedance setting (for the Senn HD 650) and lower the noise floor. If possible he will wire it for typical line voltage here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back